Author Topic: Wahoo Elemnt BOLT  (Read 27276 times)

pdm

• Sheffield hills? Nah... Just potholes.
Re: Wahoo Elemnt BOLT
« Reply #175 on: July 11, 2019, 12:39:34 pm »
On the Bolt, presumably you can follow a GPX route turn by turn and record the actual ride (to go onto Strava) at the same time?
Yes. The "Start Ride" record mode is independent of following routes. You do, of course, have to "start" the ride to record it. Simply following a route won't do that for you.
You can end active routes (accessed from the "map" page) and switch to other routes at any stage without interrupting a ride recording - useful for splitting ride routes or having alternate routes to swap to during ride.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #176 on: July 12, 2019, 02:37:21 pm »
On the Bolt, presumably you can follow a GPX route turn by turn and record the actual ride (to go onto Strava) at the same time?

Yes, this is basic functionality. If you configure wifi with your home network, and set it to auto upload, then not only will it record the log, but it can also automagically upload the ride to strava when you get home and hit stop*.

Just make sure you hit start when you start the ride.

Update on the buttons: Strava replaced it no questions asked, they arranged pickup, sent me a document to print, I printed it, put the wahoo back in box, put box in another box, put printed document on outside, waited in, got a guy from TNT who scanned it. The next day before the package was showing as delivered, I got notification that a new unit had been dispatched. It arrived 2 days later. It was pretty damn painless! I'm impressed. The ease with which they did it makes me wonder if this is a known flaw with one batch, and they are just trying to get them all out of circulation with as little negative publicity as they can.

J

*Mine auto uploads when I get up to my flat, even tho I hit stop outside, 6 floors down. The wifi signal works outside the front door, so I usually get the beep in my ear to say the strava upload is complete when I'm still fumbling with my keys.
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

telstarbox

• Loving the lanes
« Reply #177 on: November 09, 2019, 05:04:49 pm »
I've been using the Bolt for a few months now and it's generally great - particularly for VeloViewer tile hunting rides which can be quite tortous and it's saved a lot of time writing my routesheets. The battery life is slightly too short for a 200km ride at my pace but I have a portable charger.

One issue I've found is that while it generally transfers recorded activities from the Bolt to the Elemnt phone app OK, the Wahoo system then doesn't forward the activity to Strava. If I go into the activity on the app and choose 'Delete and Resync' (which means it takes it from the Bolt a second time), it does appear in Strava. Has anyone else found this?
2019 🏅 R1000 and B1000

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #178 on: November 09, 2019, 09:43:19 pm »
I've been using the Bolt for a few months now and it's generally great - particularly for VeloViewer tile hunting rides which can be quite tortous and it's saved a lot of time writing my routesheets. The battery life is slightly too short for a 200km ride at my pace but I have a portable charger.

One issue I've found is that while it generally transfers recorded activities from the Bolt to the Elemnt phone app OK, the Wahoo system then doesn't forward the activity to Strava. If I go into the activity on the app and choose 'Delete and Resync' (which means it takes it from the Bolt a second time), it does appear in Strava. Has anyone else found this?

Yep, I had this, you have to disconnect the app from strava, then re authenticate it.

Also, as a side route, if you add your wifi network to the element, then you can do a sync (goto map screen, select route, hit sync). Assuming you have the strava/elemnt pairing setup, it doesn't need the phone.

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

telstarbox

• Loving the lanes
« Reply #179 on: November 19, 2019, 09:19:38 am »
Thanks QG, that seems to have fixed it  :thumbsup:
2019 🏅 R1000 and B1000

« Reply #180 on: November 19, 2019, 11:14:35 am »
You can also go to the Elemnt app > History > open the ride you've done, tap the 'upload' button (top RH corner on iOS) and then tap on send in the Strava section. If I have the digital data enabled on my phone when I finish a ride, this usually happens automatically. If I just have wi-fi, it sometimes works, sometimes it doesn't, but it can be checked and done this way later.