Author Topic: Paramo repair  (Read 368 times)

Wowbagger

• Dez's butler
    • Musings of a Gentleman Cyclist
Paramo repair
« on: May 12, 2017, 12:18:02 pm »
Whilst out riding with Mrs. Wow a few weeks ago she noticed that there was a cut in the back of my lovely Paramo Quito cycling jacket. The only thing I could think of which had caused it was that it had become caught when someone was closing the front door (we have a load of coat pegs just inside). Anyway, off it went for repair.

It has just arrived back. It has taken quite a while, not least because I overlooked the email they sent telling me how much the repair was going to be, and they didn't start the process until I had paid. The entire back panel has been replaced and the cost was £40. They also cleaned and reproofed it and it now looks to be as good as new. All I need is a filthy wet day to come along so that I can go for a bike ride and test it.
Whaddawewant? Gratification! Whendowewannit? Not just yet...

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
Re: Paramo repair
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 05:38:16 pm »
Whilst out riding with Mrs. Wow a few weeks ago she noticed that there was a cut in the back of my lovely Paramo Quito cycling jacket. The only thing I could think of which had caused it was that it had become caught when someone was closing the front door (we have a load of coat pegs just inside). Anyway, off it went for repair.

It has just arrived back. It has taken quite a while, not least because I overlooked the email they sent telling me how much the repair was going to be, and they didn't start the process until I had paid. The entire back panel has been replaced and the cost was £40. They also cleaned and reproofed it and it now looks to be as good as new. All I need is a filthy wet day to come along so that I can go for a bike ride and test it.

That seems pretty reasonable for the repair!  :-) 

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 07:43:56 pm »
Good to know that they offer this service and cost seems reasonable.
'Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence'.

Martin John Rees.

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 07:51:53 pm »
That is not the experience I had with a Paramo repair on my Quito jacket.

I got a rip in the sleeve and sent it to them with the instruction to replace the sleeve panel. As Wow said they would not start the repair until I paid. When it was eventually returned they had just sown a patch over the tear.

Since then I have never considered Paramo when looking at clothing.
Most people tip-toe through life hoping the make it safely to death.
Home

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 09:23:05 pm »
That is disappointing to hear on a £200 plus jacket.
'Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence'.

Martin John Rees.