Author Topic: Bryan Chapman Memorial 2020  (Read 57163 times)

Re: Bryan Chapman Memorial 2019
« Reply #650 on: November 04, 2019, 09:55:56 am »
How do the acknowledgements arrive? Have put an entry in this week (so likely not processed yet) but I've not tried entering BCM before so not familiar with the process.

« Reply #651 on: November 04, 2019, 10:26:25 am »
Organiser(s) deal with the entries in batches. If you posted your entry in the last week, they'll probably wait till they've reached the entry limit (suspect this month sooner or later) and then send out a message to everyone whose entries they've accepted.
First batch acknowledged on 7 Oct (60 places left).
Second batch acknowledged on 29 Oct (30 places left).

Re: Bryan Chapman Memorial 2020
« Reply #652 on: November 04, 2019, 05:37:32 pm »
Ah, sorry I meant do the acknowledgements arrive by post or by email? Assuming the former as it was postal entry only, but due to an impending house move I was in two minds whether to put my current or future address on the SAE.

« Reply #653 on: November 04, 2019, 10:37:16 pm »
Ah, sorry I meant do the acknowledgements arrive by post or by email? Assuming the former as it was postal entry only, but due to an impending house move I was in two minds whether to put my current or future address on the SAE.
Acknowledgement by e-mail. The single SAE (ETA: which is designed for the brevet's return, not to send back an entry acknowledgement slip) will not be used till June at the earliest (ime).

« Reply #654 on: November 05, 2019, 07:42:16 am »
Great - thanks.

« Reply #655 on: November 05, 2019, 11:47:39 am »
It's a well known minor and unimportant wrinkle in the AUK 'entry system' and only confuses (a few) people when they have to adopt an offline mode of entry. I really wouldn't worry - not your problem. It's a rather amusing 'reverse' of the "Oh goodness, how do you do this new 'computer-based' entry pallaver?" 20 years on.

Except that, it could be solved by allowing online entry.

*Hides*

« Reply #656 on: November 05, 2019, 12:06:57 pm »
It's a well known minor and unimportant wrinkle in the AUK 'entry system' and only confuses (a few) people when they have to adopt an offline mode of entry. I really wouldn't worry - not your problem. It's a rather amusing 'reverse' of the "Oh goodness, how do you do this new 'computer-based' entry pallaver?" 20 years on.
Except that, it could be solved by allowing online entry.
*Hides*
How would you propose the organiser limits entry to AUK members only (or internationals on application), if they allowed online entry?

S2L

« Reply #657 on: November 05, 2019, 02:09:42 pm »

How would you propose the organiser limits entry to AUK members only (or internationals on application), if they allowed online entry?

With the current entry system is not possible, but I am sure it wouldn't be a technological challenge beyond the scope of a quater of a million to introduce a function that only accepts existing memberships.
Internationals might be more of an issue, but how many riders are we talking about for BCM? Probably single digit that you can count with one hand... they could use postal entry