Author Topic: Raceview Equestrian Ltd t/a Race View Cycles ?  (Read 197 times)

Raceview Equestrian Ltd t/a Race View Cycles ?
« on: December 07, 2017, 04:39:26 pm »
Anyone any experience?

Re: Raceview Equestrian Ltd t/a Race View Cycles ?
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 12:41:36 pm »
I suppose I should say that I posted the question well after ordering  :facepalm: and only when I started getting worried.
I chased up and got a series of increasingly implausible excuses for the delay, however the order did finally arrive this morning.

I've an (unproveable) suspicion that they quote as stock parts that they do not have, but believe they can get in a few days from the importers.

Was also underwhelmed by the packing but no damage to the item on this occasion.

On the whole - best avoided.

« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 12:48:36 pm »

I've an (unproveable) suspicion that they quote as stock parts that they do not have, but believe they can get in a few days from the importers.

I think this is quite common actually. I recently bought a 2017 model bike from my LBS who was adamant it was the last one in that size in the country (they had it delivered to them from another dealer of the same brand in Scotland) yet it was shown on several websites as in stock. Holding stock in a shop costs money so you do as little as possible. You don't walk into an online shop so you can't actually know what they have unlike a bricks and mortar shop.
Duct tape is magic and should be worshipped

« Reply #4 on: Today at 03:27:52 pm »
Holding stock in a shop costs money so you do as little as possible.
Very true - but most of the online retailers I've dealt with recently** are honest about what they have on the shelf.  And if they happen to make a mistake and find when they come to pick the order that their stock records are in error they fess up and give a realistic date.

They don't, as I suspect Race View do, 'prepare' a shipment and advise Royal Mail that it's coming, so as to a get a tracking number, then make up bullshit excuses about how RM have definitely got it, but "must have ommitted to scan it".

You don't walk into an online shop so you can't actually know what they have unlike a bricks and mortar shop.
Also true, unitl they prove they had it, by shipping it out next day.

** Wiggle, Ribble, Chain Reaction, Merlin, Probikekit, SJS, Planet X, Bike24, Bike Discount, Evans, Condor, Rose, to mention but the most recent ones