Author Topic: Schwalbe marathon Greenguard 700 x 32  (Read 3432 times)

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
Re: Schwalbe marathon Greenguard 700 x 32
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2019, 09:56:26 pm »

So what made you change to Marathon greenguard, from your Marathon Supreme?

I've currently got marathon supreme on my tourer/commuter (as a replacement for 32mm marathon greenguard which I found rather harsh).

Basically, because I had 3 visits in my Supremes , in a short space of time, ( none in the similar Spicers ) and because I found them a tad slippy on the wet skoggy roads, and on wet rough stuff.

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2019, 09:00:24 am »

I've currently got marathon supreme on my tourer/commuter (as a replacement for 32mm marathon greenguard which I found rather harsh).

Basically, because I had 3 visits in my Supremes , in a short space of time, ( none in the similar Spicers ) and because I found them a tad slippy on the wet skoggy roads, and on wet rough stuff.

Interesting. I'm happy with the Marathon Supreme on my Dawes Horizon at the moment, but I suspect come autumn time I'll switch back to marathon greenguard as some tread is useful for skoggy roads etc. What mileage did you get from the marathon supreme?

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2019, 09:19:53 am »

Interesting. I'm happy with the Marathon Supreme on my Dawes Horizon at the moment, but I suspect come autumn time I'll switch back to marathon greenguard as some tread is useful for skoggy roads etc. What mileage did you get from the marathon supreme?

If you scroll down the reviews section, I have similar reviews on Supreme and Spicer tyres. I took the supremes off, and still have them.

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2019, 07:08:55 pm »
IMG_0798 by mark tilley, on Flickr

was wheeling Olive out of le shed, for the commute, and noticed the 'tell tale' sign of a white thorn head, in between the tread. Removed said thorn..............and..........................well.................................NON! O:-)............phew!