Author Topic: Cross Training: Running  (Read 171968 times)

Re: Cross Training: Running
« Reply #2075 on: March 30, 2020, 10:19:19 am »
Wasn't as pleasant this morning with the clocks changing. 6am BST was a lot darker then GMT had been

« Reply #2076 on: March 30, 2020, 05:02:28 pm »
One of the usual 5k routes today. Time down a bit and HRavg down a bit. Dodged the rain.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #2077 on: Yesterday at 07:07:30 am »
CV5 today, numbering my return to running during what's going on. Chuffing cold - 3 when I got home but the sun was coming up and everything was crisp and quiet apart from when I took to the road to overtake someone walking and the runners coming the other way had to cross the road. That was all three people I saw in one go. Probably saw two moving cars and around 50 rabbits.... Now where are my snares

« Reply #2078 on: Yesterday at 08:55:07 am »
I've found a nice loop from home, 4km off-road, 2km on road. Running on rutted, hummocky ground is so much harder than the road - but oddly it doesn't bother my damaged hip as much as road running. Maybe it is the impact (although I run in super-cushioning Hokkas).
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #2079 on: Yesterday at 09:50:19 am »
Been working from home for 3 weeks and have concluded my shoes have now done enough miles to warrant replacing for anything but speed work. Only 260 miles, but they are light - New Balance Zante Solas

The Inov-8 X-talon 190s are still fine

« Reply #2080 on: Yesterday at 09:52:38 am »
I’ve also managed a couple of point to point 10 milers by hitching a lift with Sue, who has had to travel to look after vulnerable Mim (87 yo). A nice quiet off road run.