Author Topic: Weight Loss Discussion Thread  (Read 771637 times)

Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #7050 on: Yesterday at 03:16:17 pm »
Contrariwise, I weight myself pretty well every day. It is (to me) interesting to note the variations, both random and weekly. For instance, my lowest weight is usually a Thursday. I do try not to stress if it goes up, and it's nice when it goes down.
And I'm feeling just a little smug at the moment as I hit my target size this morning, a month before I aimed. However, as the main reason for getting to that weight by then was to allow some slack for the re-enacting weekends over the summer, when excess food and drink seem to be the norm, but which are now all being cancelled, it's no longer quite so important.
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

« Reply #7051 on: Yesterday at 05:09:51 pm »
Exactly. I weigh myself every day but only really compare myself to my weight from a couple of weeks before. Weighing every day also helps remove the random inconsistencies or, in pre-lockdown days, significant variations due to hydration levels or recent sporting activities, because they're easier to spot. My weight swings by anything up to 3kg during a typical week.

At 0.5kg a week I've got close to 9 months to get to my target weight. I got down to within 7kg of it a few years ago but then lost all motivation after running a marathon. Last time I was at the target weight was just after LEL in 2009.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #7052 on: Yesterday at 05:57:04 pm »
Last time I was at the target weight was just after LEL in 2009.

;D

In those days I would come off winter at around 76-78kg and it would take fairly severe abstinence for a couple of months to get to the target of 70kg for the summer.  This was the annual pattern for many years.

Things changed in 2016 when I started 5-2 fasting.  Since then my weight is 68-70kg year round.  No need for punishing weeks in denial of anything sweet or carbo.

« Reply #7053 on: Yesterday at 06:10:02 pm »
Yeah, everyday and I got a phone app that tracks it, along with body fat, etc. ..and yeah, it's been mostly flat for the last month.
Lowest weight is usually Friday. I can also clearly see the delayes effect from eating carbs, as I'll add a kg  a day or 2 later and it'll hang around for 3-4 ways