Author Topic: Little Eye On The Crazy World Of Foreigners  (Read 7857 times)

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
Re: Little Eye On The Crazy World Of Foreigners
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2019, 06:39:54 am »
India scientists dismiss Einstein theories

"... ancient Hindus invented stem cell research."  ;D

Goodness gracious me!

Having just seen the twenty five year retrospective, that was kind of my reaction as well.

Then my wife started telling me which bits if the scriptures demonstrated each point
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

spesh

• Mental floss tycoon
« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2019, 04:16:46 pm »
Achievement unlocked. #LifeGoals :D

Wichita Falls PD: Woman riding cart drinking wine from Pringles can barred from Walmart

Wichita Falls police received a rather unique call Friday morning involving a woman drinking wine in a Walmart parking lot.

Employees requested officers to ban a woman from the local Walmart store after she reportedly had been drinking wine from a Pringles can for several hours while riding on an electric cart.

Wichita Falls Times Record News, via Fark.com
This is not The Greatest Sig Line in the World, no.
This is just a tribute.

spesh

• Mental floss tycoon
« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2019, 05:04:17 pm »
Emotional support animals, part 2*:

On a recent Monday afternoon, Joie Henney walked into the Glatfelter Community Center at the Village at Sprenkle Drive, an assisted-living development north of York, with his emotional support animal on a leash.

He walked by an elderly woman sitting on a bench by a window, reading a book. The woman glanced up from her book, took a look at Joie's emotional support animal, shrugged and went back to her book.

Which seemed kind of unusual. Joie’s emotional support animal is a 4-1/2 foot alligator. There must be some currency to the adage that if you live long enough, you’ll see everything.

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2019/01/pretty-laid-back-alligator-serves-as-emotional-support-animal-as-owner-shops-gives-presentations.html

* See up-thread: https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=106994.msg2286638#msg2286638
This is just a tribute.

« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2019, 06:45:42 am »
https://www.ouest-france.fr/bretagne/hennebont-56700/morbihan-un-lama-entre-par-surprise-chez-un-opticien-6180197 Crazy, eh? it's an alpaca not a llama (I think). If French, but the translation is as straightforward and obvious as it gets. The detail doesn't add much more to the story.

T42

• Gaulois réfractaire
« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2019, 08:41:17 am »
Obviously a new fashion. Last week we had a dromedary (one hump or two, vicar?) on the railway line from Melun to Montargis. People were complaining that the trains were delayed, but folk who'd been to both places were chanting "send more dromedaries". Anyway, initial consensus made it a one-L lama until experts from the Légion Etrangère intervened.
I dare eat all that may become a man.

But hold the oysters.

Cudzoziemiec

• Solar powered, tea fuelled cycle-wol
« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2019, 03:10:05 pm »
Obviously a new fashion. Last week we had a dromedary (one hump or two, vicar?) on the railway line from Melun to Montargis. People were complaining that the trains were delayed, but folk who'd been to both places were chanting "send more dromedaries". Anyway, initial consensus made it a one-L lama until experts from the Légion Etrangère intervened.
It was in no hurry, just dalai-ing.
The earth is vast and beautiful and contains many miraculous places. (Chekhov)

T42

• Gaulois réfractaire
« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2019, 03:35:10 pm »
Al Pacacino declined to comment.

But hold the oysters.

Giraffe

• I brake for Giraffes
« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2019, 08:41:18 am »
Is it illegal to ride a dromedary near an airport?
2x4: thick plank; 4x4: 2 of 'em.

Guy

• Left-Wing Moonbat Green NAZI
« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2019, 08:45:15 am »
Only below 500 feet near the runways
I hate the army and I hate the RAF
I don't wanna go fighting in the tropical heat
I hate the civil service rules
I won't open letter bombs for you

spesh

• Mental floss tycoon
« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2019, 11:14:34 pm »
Where "crazy" doesn't mean "normal for Florida" but "even Aussies think you're insane". :o :facepalm:

https://www.dailymercury.com.au/news/unwitting-tourist-holds-deadly-animal-on-australia/3633869/
This is just a tribute.

« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2019, 11:36:32 pm »
Where "crazy" doesn't mean "normal for Florida" but "even Aussies think you're insane". :o :facepalm:

https://www.dailymercury.com.au/news/unwitting-tourist-holds-deadly-animal-on-australia/3633869/
I’d like to know how humans have managed to survive in Australia. I mean it seems to me that at least half the animals there just want to kill you.
Sorting my life out, one shed at a time.

T42

• Gaulois réfractaire
« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2019, 10:04:13 am »
Well, they did invent Foster's.

But hold the oysters.

spesh

• Mental floss tycoon
Re: Little Eye On The Crazy World Of Floridians
« Reply #87 on: February 08, 2019, 10:58:37 pm »
Florida - the state that just keeps on giving.

https://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Florida-woman-poses-for-maternity-photos-with-baby-gator-505579651.html

Per another report, she says she was hoping to "reach peak Florida woman levels."

Achievement unlocked...
This is just a tribute.