86 (37.1%)
Good, but others may be better
26 (11.2%)
Only really a last resort
2 (0.9%)
It will a cold, cold day on Hades...
2 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 195

Author Topic: Chain Reaction Cycles  (Read 81287 times)

vince

Chain Reaction Cycles
« on: March 28, 2008, 08:53:18 pm »
(2005)

I've just received my first order from Chain Reaction Cycles, cost was £5 less than Wiggle, free postage and next working-day delivery.

The only downside is that they seem quite MTB focused, but well worth a quick check to see if they stock whatever you're after.

Re: Chain Reaction Cycles
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 07:54:48 pm »
Got a promotional email from them offering Eggbeater Acid pedals for less than half price. Ordered Friday, arrived Saturday, rode 100km with them today!

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 08:01:17 pm »
I've used them a few times, always first class. Agree with Vince that they are very MTB focused but that has improved to include more road stuff over the last year or so.

Gus

• Loosing weight stone by stone
    • We will return
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 09:42:20 pm »
Never had any problems with them. They email me if they don't have the parts, and they deliver on time.

G

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 09:50:06 pm »
Only ever bought a frame from them, but it was cheap and arrived in double quick time. Their returns department was also a joy to deal with when said frame needed to be returned for warranty replacement.

So far the few parts I have needed recently have been available cheaper elsewhere but it's always one of the first places I go when I need something, and I will happily use them again.

simonali

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 11:27:39 pm »
I've use 3 or 4 places for mail order recently and found this mob to have the slowest delivery. Others were Merlin, Wiggle and Bike+. Not really a complaint and I'd still order from them if they had the cheapest price!  ;D

Gus

• Loosing weight stone by stone
    • We will return
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 09:02:49 am »
These guys keep surprising me.
I got an email yesterday afternoon that they shipped my parts.
My work just sent me a sms " you have parts"
From Northern Ireland to Denmark in less than 24 hours thats the fastest supplier
I've ever tried.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 04:13:11 pm »
Order placed Sunday evening.

Arrived Tuesday am.

They have a good range of last year or the year before's clothing which often seems a bargain.

If we could could only get CRC sweets with the order..

Excellent.

N
Mal-odorous,liver-spotted, coffin-dodger.

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2008, 06:33:22 pm »
ordered a new lid for the mrs from crc for £4 less than wiggle. ordered late thursday, arrived saturday morning. can't say fairer than that.
she was quite innocent, 'till she got that bicycle - sykurmolanir

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2008, 12:42:33 pm »
Had a minor delay but also needed an answer to another part .Emailed and they rang me that afternoon .Could not help me but gave me the importer's address.
(I did contact them and got a result).
Part fron Chain Reaction arrived on date advised .

Great service and how it should be .Recommended. ;D

rr

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2008, 02:13:49 pm »
Great service, wide stock of older MTB parts.

eck

• Gonna ride my bike until I get home...
    • Angus Bike Chain CC
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2008, 11:20:51 pm »
I've use 3 or 4 places for mail order recently and found this mob to have the slowest delivery. Others were Merlin, Wiggle and Bike+. Not really a complaint and I'd still order from them if they had the cheapest price!  ;D
???
Order placed online late yesterday afternoon. Stuff delivered first thing this morning. That's quick enough for me.  :thumbsup:

PS cheaper than Wiggle too.
It's a bit weird, but actually quite wonderful.

sas

• Penguin power
    • My Flickr Photos
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2008, 11:12:39 am »
Order placed online late yesterday afternoon. Stuff delivered first thing this morning.
Same for me. And postage is included in their prices.
I am nothing and should be everything

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2008, 08:15:58 am »
They sent me a complicated order of two rims, two hubs (different drillings) and 68 spokes in different lengths, somehow managing to get it all right and delivered in time for Christmas.
And Darkness and Decay and the Coronavirus held illimitable dominion over all.

Domestique

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2008, 05:20:03 pm »
Well I ordered some brake blocks on the 23/4 which didnt arrive, got in touch with customer services let them know, contacted my local post office and neighbours just in case something was still there, or delivered by mistake. Was told a replacement order was being resent ten days ago and I am still waiting  :-\

simonali

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2008, 09:10:01 pm »
They sent me a complicated order of two rims, two hubs (different drillings) and 68 spokes in different lengths, somehow managing to get it all right and delivered in time for Christmas.

Should hope so too, considering it's only May!

Jakob

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2008, 11:34:03 pm »
Took 4 days to reach me, but considering the combination of weight (3 kgs of lock) and free shipping + very good price, it's was worth it.

sas

• Penguin power
    • My Flickr Photos
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2008, 12:51:01 am »
They claim:
Build time on hand-built wheels is usually between 2 and 5 days depending on how busy we are. Hand-built wheels are not available for guaranteed next day delivery.

What actually happened:
Friday 00:50 - Ordered a custom build rear wheel online
Friday 14:28 - Received email: "All of the items in this order have now been shipped"
Delivered Monday.

Stupidly quick :)
I am nothing and should be everything

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2008, 09:22:03 am »
These lot seem to be losing it.

I hadn't used them since last year, but ordered a couple of bits a fortnight ago.  They arrived four days later.  Fair enough, it's a bit of a cheek to expect free delivery to be immediate, but all my other orders had arrived the next day.

On Sunday I ordered a rim - it arrived on Wednesday, and it wasn't the rim I had ordered.  And as it's such a bulky thing, it'll be a right hassle sending it back.

It'll probably be a while before I use CRC again.

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2008, 10:46:29 pm »

On Sunday I ordered a rim - it arrived on Wednesday, and it wasn't the rim I had ordered.  And as it's such a bulky thing, it'll be a right hassle sending it back.

If they've sent you the wrong thing, its their responsibility to put it right. Tell them that its available for collection at your convenience and that in the meantime they should refund your money. For low value goods its often not worth their while to collect, they just write it off.

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2008, 11:11:19 am »
If they've sent you the wrong thing, its their responsibility to put it right. Tell them that its available for collection at your convenience and that in the meantime they should refund your money. For low value goods its often not worth their while to collect, they just write it off.

Almost exactly how I responded :) - except that I told them to send me the correct rim, rather than a refund.

Mike J

• Guinea Pig Man
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2008, 06:25:07 pm »
Has anyone else started getting e-mails from CRC that are written in Spanish and priced in €?

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2008, 06:32:17 pm »
Has anyone else started getting e-mails from CRC that are written in Spanish and priced in €?

Yep.  I think that someone has pressed the wrong button.  They have done it before.

vince

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2008, 07:22:27 pm »
I've just bought a folder from them. The cheapest non-eBay store on the web at £75 under list price, free postage and delivery on time  :thumbsup:

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2008, 01:44:59 pm »
Bought a frame which didn't come exactly as described and pictured on the listing - some decals missing and a different colour head set. Some emails were exchanged and eventually I settled for an offer of £50 off my purchase, which I reckon is pretty adequate compensation. The staff there were extremely busy at the time due to flood damage in the warehouse, so taking this into consideration, the level of service was pretty good (I had asked if they could check the other frames in stock, but they weren't able to at the time).