86 (37.2%)
Good, but others may be better
26 (11.3%)
Only really a last resort
2 (0.9%)
It will a cold, cold day on Hades...
2 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 195

Author Topic: Chain Reaction Cycles  (Read 70481 times)

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
Re: Chain Reaction Cycles
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2008, 11:02:16 am »
Ordered Sunday night arrived Tuesday morning, no gummy bears though oops wrong shop :)

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2008, 01:49:45 pm »
I've put a couple of orders into them recently, for small items that would fit through the letterbox, and they've come within a couple of day.  The last one was ordered at 11pm on Tuesday, and arrived by 10am on Thursday. :thumbsup:

Even though I don't get the discount with ChainReaction that I get with Wiggle, they are fast becoming my favourite supplier, they seem to have a wider selection of stock, and are frequently very fast to deliver.
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2008, 02:02:44 pm »
Ordered a chain and a set of lights yesterday at 3.30pm
An acknowledgement at 5.30pm to say the order had been shipped and they duly arrived here with the postman at 8.30am.

Excellent service.

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2008, 09:24:32 pm »
Recently, I've found them to be cheaper than Wiggle.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2008, 11:17:35 am »
I've been waiting two weeks now for my part refund on a frame I bought which had most of the decals missing. Not happy.

rdaviesb

« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2008, 08:38:11 pm »
Always delivered within 48 hours of ordering, and normally the following day. Now my first port of call if I've got to get summat posted.

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2008, 03:21:30 pm »
I got my part-refund today - three weeks after they first said it had been processed. Initially they stuck to the line that the refund had definitely been paid and that I would have to take it up with my bank to find out where it was. I took it up with my bank and they referred me back to the retailer, this went on for a couple of days. Eventually I persuaded CRC to ask their bank to look into the transaction. Turns out the problem was with their bank! Very frustrating.

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2008, 03:52:43 pm »
Have used them a lot recently and always delivered the next day. However, placed an order 9am yesterday but decided to use up a PayPal balance I had. Result; no delivery today and nothing showing on my account history either, emailed for an explanation and got 'your order has been received and will be dispatched as soon as possible'. Still nothing on my account as I write so I've no idea when I'll get it. Not good - I suspect its because I used PayPal, this happened to me when I used PayPal for a Wiggle order as well. The money was debited immediately - perhaps its not deposited with CRC for a couple of days and they wait until it is?

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2008, 04:05:44 pm »
It will depend on the sort of PayPal account and how it's funded, etc.

I get immediate service, often with same-day despatch, with Wiggle and others when I use my PayPal Premier account.

You can upgrade a basic account to Premier.
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2008, 09:48:00 am »
Have used them a lot recently and always delivered the next day. However, placed an order 9am yesterday but decided to use up a PayPal balance I had. Result; no delivery today and nothing showing on my account history either, emailed for an explanation and got 'your order has been received and will be dispatched as soon as possible'. Still nothing on my account as I write so I've no idea when I'll get it. Not good - I suspect its because I used PayPal, this happened to me when I used PayPal for a Wiggle order as well. The money was debited immediately - perhaps its not deposited with CRC for a couple of days and they wait until it is?

There can be occasions when a website and paypal dont seem to tally up very well. So an order may be made but it doesnt show because paypal will show as preparing and not actually made. I see this on my website alot

« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2008, 06:55:43 pm »
Ordered friday at 3pm .Here next day by lunchtime.
Amazing service . ;D

Jacomus

• My favourite gender neutral pronoun is comrade
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2008, 11:29:04 am »
Ordered yesterday at 3.30pm, here today at 9am. Free delivery.

:thumbsup:
"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." Amelia Earhart

eck

• Gonna ride my bike until I get home...
    • Angus Bike Chain CC
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2008, 01:53:01 pm »
This time they took two days, as opposed to their usual next day delivery. But they did send me some "custom" sweeties.  :thumbsup:
It's a bit weird, but actually quite wonderful.

fungus

• SO @ T
    • Tamworth cycling club
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2009, 04:31:17 pm »
Placed order 28th January item is apparently out of stock.  E-mailed them for an idea of when they would have the item in stock 3 days ago and still awaiting a response.  I'll chase them up again & if no luck will cancel & order from elsewhere >:(
SR 2010/11/12/13/14/15
RRTY. PBP. LeJoG 1400. LEL.

hammond1975

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2009, 11:16:50 am »
I have been finding them a lot cheaper than wiggle recently however I have had issues where you order a item that is showing in stock, after waiting 3/4 days you call them to find they never had it and are waiting for new stock.

Seems a bit wrong to me to show / sell items in stock that are not.

Arno

• Arno
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2009, 02:45:08 pm »
I found that they do not deal well with exception. If the items are in stock, it all goes well.
I had an order where one of the items was not in stock and it went pretty bad from then on, was unable to contact cust. service by phone, so emailed my problem to them, and they often took 1 or 2 days to respond...
Also despite me asking them to cancel the order the order was still kept open and I kept receiving message about trying to debit my credit card, which were a bit scary.

Arnaud.

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2009, 10:00:23 am »
Order placed yesterday at 3.15 pm, arrived this morning ( first class post ) WOW!!

Re: Chain Reaction Cycles - change to postage options
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2009, 11:42:29 am »
Chain Reaction have changed their website.

If you order something, check the postage option very carefully.

This used to default to the free option - it now defaults to 48-hour courier, with appropriate prices.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Re: Chain Reaction Cycles - change to postage options
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2009, 12:20:19 pm »
Chain Reaction have changed their website.
If you order something, check the postage option very carefully.
This used to default to the free option - it now defaults to 48-hour courier, with appropriate prices.

Err, no they haven't, its still the same (in the UK at least). I just tried it with something and it shows free postage. The banner headline on the home page that says 'free delivery on everything' is a clue.

I use them a LOT and have never had any problem, highly recommended, between them and Wiggle, the cycle retail trade could learn a lot, if they could be bothered.

« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2009, 03:16:55 pm »
I ordered this morning.

Free postage was shown as an option. I went via the paypal checkout. Just before I clicked to go into paypal itself (to make the payment), I noticed that the total was higher than expected. checked, and the postage option said 48hr courier.

I changed that to Royal Mail 1st class, and that was free.

This always used to default to the free option.

Quite a lot of items are still showing as 'out of stock'.

<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2009, 09:55:48 pm »
I just ordered some hubs and spokes and the postage defaulted to free.  They are very cheap for spokes, as long as you want mountain bike lengths.  Fortunately these are for a new set of birthday wheels for Mrs B's Santa Cruz..

The Mechanic

« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2009, 10:03:29 am »
is it just me or have CRC gone down hill recently.  Ordered some stuff on Friday before 2:00 pm.  Still not arrived Tuesday.  I will see if it has arrived when I get home from work today.  Not implressed.  According to my account, it was not processed until Monday.

« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2009, 02:36:33 pm »
Ordered £70 worth of kit first thing yesterday hopng to have it today - all in stock - not shipped yet - their accounts page seems completely borked - it hasn't shown any of my (many) orders for 6 months or more.

« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2009, 03:13:08 pm »
I ordered some stuff yesterday evening, it has just been shipped, so let's see if it will arrive tomorrow.
Have you seen my blog? It has words. And pictures! http://ablogofallthingskathy.blogspot.com/

« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2009, 04:34:19 pm »
My stuff arrived next day.