Author Topic: What have you fettled today?  (Read 1216867 times)

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
Re: What have you fettled today?
« Reply #14200 on: December 03, 2019, 11:03:50 pm »
Replaced the chain and middle chainring on HK’s Roberts. Still to fiddle with the headlight and to regrease the rear hub.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #14201 on: December 04, 2019, 11:05:16 am »
Replaced the broken front spoke on HK’s Kinesis, so she can start racking up the miles again on her preferred bike. The non-tubeless rear Almotion seems to have settled down after being fitted tubeless.

« Reply #14202 on: December 06, 2019, 12:53:37 pm »
Yesterday, but I managed to replace a fan oven element without once resembling Marv in Home Alone 2 - despite it involving the taking out of said oven and removal of its back plate!

Particularly pleased as it's meant I've been able to deduce what's wrong (via google), realise what needed doing (via YouTube), order the part online and get it all fixed for the total price of £27.94.
One Man and LEJOG : End-to-End on Two Wheels in Two Weeks (Buy the book; or Kindle it)

bludger

• Randonneur and bargain hunter
« Reply #14203 on: December 08, 2019, 03:26:00 pm »
Fettled a bunch of things and then decided it was time to swap out my mech hanger. It's been straightened a bunch of times and each time it has weakened it, and makes indexing gears for smooth changes impossible.

So, I took the old hanger off, was making ready to put the replacement one on, and, er, found out the 'spare' hanger I got is for the wrong frame 😳

So I've put the old one back on and ordered the right hanger in the post.

Better to find out from home than on a roadside with a snapped one I suppose...
YACF touring/audax bargain basement:
https://bit.ly/2Xg8pRD

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #14204 on: December 08, 2019, 04:27:42 pm »
Bonded in a loose brake lever pivot on my Frezoni, replaced the worn cantilever brake pads on my trike and replaced the tubeless tape on the rear wheel of HK’s Kinesis. Hopefully that will reduce the rate of pressure loss. That was the last of the Stans fluid. Time to pick a different fluid I think, given the amount of solidified latex left in the bottle. Any suggestions?

Kim

• Timelord
« Reply #14205 on: December 08, 2019, 04:31:40 pm »
Patched some tubes, found the missing tyre levers and removed a significant quantity of Stratford Greenway[1] from my Brompton.  Chain quarantined in a bottle with some solvent until barakta isn't around.

[1] As usual, a misnomer.
Careful, Kim. Your sarcasm's showing...

« Reply #14206 on: December 08, 2019, 09:53:15 pm »
New drive train on the fixie but couldnt find the chaining  bolt tool. Its in the garage somewhere. Screwdriver did the trick and the chain/sprocket/ring turn nicely.