Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 2482403 times)

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #15425 on: 03 February, 2013, 11:13:25 pm »
Admiring how cherubic Charlotte looks when she's asleep.  It's uncanny.

And waiting for her to find this post and kill me ;D

Charlotte, cherubic?
(click to show/hide)
Frankly, I can't see the resemblance.

;)
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #15426 on: 03 February, 2013, 11:24:00 pm »

This phenomenon seems to be quite common.  My brother was a textbook demonstration of it in his obnoxious teenage years.  Apparently I fail miserably on account of my habit of sleeping with my eyes open, and occasionally forgetting to breathe.

Maybe we need a thread for photos of people sleeping (under non-audax conditions)?

« Reply #15427 on: 03 February, 2013, 11:28:49 pm »

Charlotte, cherubic?
(click to show/hide)
Frankly, I can't see the resemblance.

;)

You obviously knew better than to link to a picture of a classical putto, which is what most people would associate with the word "cherub".

Good save...
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #15428 on: 03 February, 2013, 11:29:00 pm »

TTIUWP
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #15429 on: 03 February, 2013, 11:35:56 pm »
With Dez's help I have started off a new backup regime for the rather archaic way we hold our files on a server. I am also about to take the dog out, which is normally Dez's job in the evening, because Dez is working until almost 2 a.m. He's doing something for the Orstrilians.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #15430 on: 03 February, 2013, 11:40:15 pm »
Next I need to ponder whether to buy a new Big Tent for Deershed festival so that I can sleep in a separate space to the wriggly octopus boys.  Well, it's a good excuse.  But is it frankly ridiculous to buy what is, effectively, a car-camping tent when I don't have a car or even a driving licence? 

I expect there's someone around here with one you could borrow, shirley?

I mean, you could borrow ours, only it got borrowed a few years ago and hasn't been seen since...

Well, it's £54 quid for a 2 bedroom portable mansion that weighs in at about 12annahalf kg.  There's a couple or three occasions coming up when it might actually be handy for us to have a slightly more palatial temporary abode and without too much having to trek around carrying the thing.  Realistically I'm not going to be cycle-camping with the pair of them for a bit, until the eldest can sherpa rather more weight and either the littly is riding solo or I can afford a decent tandem - at which point our tent needs will be a bit different.  But we could use this to camp, comfortably, anywhere within a short walk/affordable taxi fare of a station.  Separate bedrooms would slightly compensate the Eldest for me decreeing that he is still a bit too young for a separate tent in most circumstances.  And camping with small people is MUCH easier in a tent that you can stand up in.

(Oh, and Charlotte being cherubic.... bless :D)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #15431 on: 03 February, 2013, 11:57:16 pm »
Well, it's £54 quid for a 2 bedroom portable mansion that weighs in at about 12annahalf kg.  There's a couple or three occasions coming up when it might actually be handy for us to have a slightly more palatial temporary abode and without too much having to trek around carrying the thing.

Yeah, that's pretty much how we ended up with one too.  Hard to argue with, really...

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #15432 on: 04 February, 2013, 07:15:14 am »
Long term loan of my canvas palace?  We never use it.
Getting there...

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #15433 on: 04 February, 2013, 09:40:22 am »
Garnering my colleagues' support for a campaign for a three-day weekend. Everyone's in favour and some are requesting we go for four days instead. Anyone else want to join?
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #15434 on: 04 February, 2013, 09:41:12 am »
I'd like a 7 day weekend, please, but on the same money I am getting now :)

Can you arrange that for me, please?
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #15435 on: 04 February, 2013, 10:15:26 am »
I've got a 6 day weekend coming up.  Starts this Thursday.  :D
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #15436 on: 04 February, 2013, 10:34:28 am »
I'll go for anything longer than 2 days :)
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Vince

• Can't climb; won't climb
« Reply #15437 on: 04 February, 2013, 10:53:37 am »
Currently repairing Microsoft office....

Let me rephrase that...

Currently running the Microsoft Office repair utility, the other is beyond mortal man's abilities
216km from Marsh Gibbon

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #15438 on: 04 February, 2013, 11:34:46 am »
I suprise myself by perusing the AUK calendar.I'm supposed to be having a sabbatical.It's that Peter's fault;writing up his Mere 200 ride report. ;D
One of these days I really ought to consider bringing my sabbatical to an end ...

... 6 years could be construed as overdoing it a bit.

6 years doesn't suprise me 'cause atm I feel like one side of my brain is upfrit but 'tother side CBA,with my body adopting a neutral,a.k.a. lazy,stance in the mind games war.
The spirit is willing, but the body (currently) much prefers riding offroad and getting extremely muddy. I'm told that such things are all part and parcel of being human.

Or, to put it another way, Audax riding really doesn't 'do it' for me any more although being pragmatic they would make good training rides for next year's1 Silly Bike Adventure. Lack of people to ride with is a factor, too2

1 - was to be this year's SBA, but now postponed due to logistic problems beyond my control.
2 - or rather, people willing to put up with me for n hours in the saddle. For various values of n.

JStone

• E=112
« Reply #15439 on: 04 February, 2013, 01:07:09 pm »
Taking a break from shredding the contents of a shelf-full of bulging lever arch files - one of the mind-numbingly tedious tasks that I've been putting off for years, and  which is now firmly on the critical path before redecorating the back room can commence. Why did I ever think it was important to keep such stuff? Some of it's so old it's almost of historical interest - a receipt for two bags of coal delivered to a previous house back in 1984 (£5.40 each)?
Unfortunately a lot is also personal - not state secrets, but wouldn't want anyone to find it blowing around on the tip.

Oh good, the thermal cut-out on the shredder has just re-set, so off I go again with the next batch ...

Six bin sacks-full so far - anyone in Bristol want some fresh hamster bedding?
Néophyte > 2007 > Ancien > 2011 > Récidiviste

Pippa

• Busy being fabulous
« Reply #15440 on: 04 February, 2013, 01:11:48 pm »
Cleaning muddy bikes in the bath. Clean bikes are now drying out on the balcony. The bath is FILTHY and is going to take twice as long to clean as the bikes :facepalm:

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #15441 on: 04 February, 2013, 01:41:35 pm »
Next time clean the bikes on the balcony.  The evidence/run-off should dry before the downstairs neighbours come home from work. ;)
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #15442 on: 04 February, 2013, 01:53:14 pm »
Next time clean the bikes on the balcony.  The evidence/run-off should dry before the downstairs neighbours come home from work. ;)
Yebbut Sod's Law dictates that the time you decide to do that is also the time that the neighbours downstairs decide to sit out on the balcony with a nice cup of tea ... :o

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #15443 on: 04 February, 2013, 07:00:41 pm »
Doing some college home work which involves colouring in!  Even better, you are allowed to go outside the lines too!   :thumbsup:

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #15444 on: 04 February, 2013, 07:01:14 pm »
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

LindaG

« Reply #15445 on: 04 February, 2013, 07:12:43 pm »
Making meatballs.

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #15446 on: 04 February, 2013, 07:27:45 pm »
Restoring the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg to its rightful place on my map server.

My sincere apologies to Luxembourgers everywhere - if someone1 hadn't pointed out 'the blank bit underneath Belgium' to me I'd never have noticed!  :-[

1 - thank $DEITY for beta testers. Developers can't be trusted with anything ...

Chris S

« Reply #15447 on: 04 February, 2013, 07:31:35 pm »
Experimenting in the kitchen. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Anyone else smell burning?

« Reply #15448 on: 04 February, 2013, 08:16:10 pm »
Cleaning muddy bikes in the bath. Clean bikes are now drying out on the balcony. The bath is FILTHY and is going to take twice as long to clean as the bikes :facepalm:
Done that once, and once only.
I Will Never Do It Again.

For this, there is a reason.

« Reply #15449 on: 04 February, 2013, 08:23:29 pm »
watching a program on BBC 4 about the Russian T34 tank