Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 2482554 times)

Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #18750 on: 27 May, 2014, 07:55:19 pm »
Being a bit arty-farty. Or would like to be, anyway...

Sat in the uni canteen waiting to find out what time our assessed presentations are. And where.
Considering everything has to be wrapped up by 2pm, they're leaving it a bit late, methinks.

If I get "needs more detail" feedback from the presentation, that's going to be a bit ironicannoying

Still waiting...

It's not a wrap yet then?

Finally did the 10 min presentation at 5pm. After being up since 5ish and having driven 90 miles before waiting for 8 hours. It hasn't been the most productive of days...

Done now though.

*zonk*

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #18751 on: 27 May, 2014, 09:04:47 pm »
Feeding, watering and generally looking after a penguin with a bonky on the conky.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #18752 on: 27 May, 2014, 09:14:11 pm »
Listening to the rain outside while savouring the lingering taste of strawberries.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #18753 on: 27 May, 2014, 09:49:13 pm »
Stuffing Minstrels into my mouth in (at least) threes.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

ian

« Reply #18754 on: 27 May, 2014, 10:24:35 pm »
Writing a long email to my mother-in-law about vampires and kitchen worktops and outlying circumstances not usually covered in kitchen designs.

Vince

• Can't climb; won't climb
« Reply #18755 on: 27 May, 2014, 10:30:31 pm »
Yawning
216km from Marsh Gibbon

« Reply #18756 on: 28 May, 2014, 07:11:31 am »
Thinking if I take a little longer over this cuppa it MIGHT stop raining......

« Reply #18757 on: 28 May, 2014, 11:39:49 am »
Thinking if I take a little longer over this cuppa it MIGHT stop raining......

It didn't.

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #18758 on: 28 May, 2014, 06:29:11 pm »
Trying to find a free Saturday in the next couple months with sensible access times to Holy Island that match up with trains out of Berwick. I want to ride the rough sections of NCN1 round there on the MTB after my trip on the tourer in March.

I'm starting to think I need to plot everything on a graph to get it all to match - or the gentleman upstairs is tempting me to spend a weekend on pilgrimage.

Anyone know how pessimistic Northumberland CC are with their crossing times?
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

« Reply #18759 on: 28 May, 2014, 06:43:24 pm »
Feeding, watering and generally looking after a penguin with a bonky on the conky.
Poor Pingu. Hope he heals quickly.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #18760 on: 28 May, 2014, 06:52:42 pm »
Mrs. P.  Are you digging the scars?   :demon:
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Ruth

« Reply #18761 on: 28 May, 2014, 06:56:39 pm »
Trying to find a free Saturday in the next couple months with sensible access times to Holy Island that match up with trains out of Berwick. I want to ride the rough sections of NCN1 round there on the MTB after my trip on the tourer in March.

I'm starting to think I need to plot everything on a graph to get it all to match - or the gentleman upstairs is tempting me to spend a weekend on pilgrimage.

Not very much leeway at all at all I'm afraid  :-\

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #18762 on: 28 May, 2014, 07:00:59 pm »
Mrs. P.  Are you digging the scars?   :demon:

Of course!
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #18763 on: 28 May, 2014, 07:07:01 pm »
looking forward to bed time.  All this walking about for a living can't be good for you!   :P

« Reply #18764 on: 28 May, 2014, 07:15:31 pm »
Thinking about heading to the shop to buy some condensed milk, so I can make coconut ice! (I should probably buy some chocolate to coat it, too.)

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #18765 on: 28 May, 2014, 07:38:35 pm »

Not very much leeway at all at all I'm afraid  :-\

Hmm. I'll start looking at accommodation then. :-\

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #18766 on: 28 May, 2014, 08:13:40 pm »
Collecting swarf, having spent a productive afternoon making holes in things.

« Reply #18767 on: 28 May, 2014, 08:15:55 pm »
Thinking I need a cycle tour somewhere.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #18768 on: 28 May, 2014, 08:27:32 pm »

They allow a fair bit of leeway to allow for idiots chancing it.

I wouldn't take risks with the incoming tide, but I crossed with the outgoing tide about an hour before the official safe crossing, at just after sunset. It was gorgeous.

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #18769 on: 28 May, 2014, 08:39:54 pm »

They allow a fair bit of leeway to allow for idiots chancing it.

I wouldn't take risks with the incoming tide, but I crossed with the outgoing tide about an hour before the official safe crossing, at just after sunset. It was gorgeous.

I think I'm changing plan and will drive up on the Friday evening and camp instead which opens up far more options. 12th July's looking pretty good for that, with Access until 1pm and exit from 7:30pm so should be able to sight-see during the day and leave in the evening while it's still light :)

« Reply #18770 on: 28 May, 2014, 09:10:27 pm »
In February I crossed about ten minutes before the council safe crossing time (incoming tide), pulled into a cafe on the island and ordered a cuppa. There was a different set of crossing times on the wall, and the bus driver was just ordering a massive full English, before he was going to drive off. He was still scoffing it when I left.

It's a lovely place. I really enjoyed the island when the tide was in and we were cut off from the mainland.

Lindisfarne by dean.clementson, on Flickr

« Reply #18771 on: 29 May, 2014, 06:11:38 am »
I'm eating porridge at audax o'clock after another sleepless night. Sigh.
It's currently raining although the forecast promises that it will dry up here in the next hour and it should be fine in Eccleshall by the time we get there.
I say "we" because I'm riding with Peter OTP  :thumbsup:

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #18772 on: 29 May, 2014, 11:39:03 am »
I'm eating porridge at audax o'clock after another sleepless night. Sigh.
It's currently raining although the forecast promises that it will dry up here in the next hour and it should be fine in Eccleshall by the time we get there.
I say "we" because I'm riding with Peter OTP  :thumbsup:

my bold

that's my patch so I'll have a word about seeing to the weather for you ;)

ETA are you doing an audax Perm?the Eccleshall 200 perhaps?

« Reply #18773 on: 29 May, 2014, 12:14:12 pm »
Cutting the spanner bit off a Brooks spanner and bodging it into a front rack bracket light.

They're bloody hard to cut!
OnOne Pickenflick - Tour De Fer 20 - Pinnacle Arkose cx - Charge Cooker maxi2 fatty - GT Zaskar Carbon Expert

ian

« Reply #18774 on: 29 May, 2014, 12:38:22 pm »
I have to pitch some new product thing to the mothership bridge in an attempt to get the necessary investment and I've been told by boss that this is probably not the time for another presentation given by mustelids with post-it notes. He has a point. This senior management gig is for bonafide grown-ups and not stuffed toys no matter how articulate they are.

So, I've just invented Pragmatic Cat and the Corporate Klingon.