Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 1475917 times)

ian

• fatuously disingenuous
    • The Suburban Survival Guide
Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #22425 on: December 05, 2018, 11:44:04 am »
Remembering I have the day off (and the rest of the week, I have to dispose of some days as I can only carry over five), but I should do some preparation for an interview next week. Which sounds like work to me. Oh and Christmas presents – I need to make something for my wife (this bit of cheapskatery ends up taking far more time and effort). Plus, tackle the woeful state of my remote command center, which has filled with boxes (when I buy something, I just can't throw the boxes away, I think it's a psychological problem – what if I need to rebox my wireless speakers, or my walking boots, or... or...) and the growing scramble of electronica that either needs to be disposed off or moved up the attic (because like boxes, I can't throw away electronic items that are clearly deprecated but still work, I mean, what if... if...). On the plus side, if I cleared up my office, I would once more be able to access my command centre sofa.

It's all, as I am sure you now understand, shaping up to be a very exciting day off.

Tomorrow I go visit my parents, which I may need to steel myself for. I should probably book some train tickets too. There's bound to be a rant in that.
!nataS pihsroW

ian

• fatuously disingenuous
« Reply #22426 on: December 05, 2018, 01:12:25 pm »
1310. Sent an email. Read the newspaper. Drank three cups of coffee. Put a replacement battery (a mysterious LR1, is there an infinite number of battery types?) in a torch.

Not making much progress on my day off.

I think I'll go for a swim. I was going to go order a turkey from the local butcher but they're closed on Wednesdays. Oh well.
!nataS pihsroW

T42

• Gaulois réfractaire
« Reply #22427 on: December 05, 2018, 01:24:57 pm »
Is it Wednesday? I thought it was still Saturday. No, right enough, the only way I can get the car into Leroy Merlin's car park on a Saturday is with a shoe-horn and KY jelly and it was OK today so it can't be.

Anyway, right now I'm doing SFA.
I dare eat all that may become a man.

But hold the oysters.

ian

• fatuously disingenuous
« Reply #22428 on: December 05, 2018, 03:52:32 pm »
1550. I thought I'd replace the bulb in the light in the end of the driveway where was noticeably not on yesterday evening (10,000 hours my arse). It was going quite well until I tried to put the screws back in. One, almost predictably, dropped into the undergrowth and was never seen again. Sigh. I have no idea about screws. Where do you even buy them? What kind of screw is it?
!nataS pihsroW

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #22429 on: December 05, 2018, 04:34:58 pm »
Take the other one to the screw shop and say "can I have one of those?"
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

ian

• fatuously disingenuous
« Reply #22430 on: December 05, 2018, 05:19:47 pm »
That's my plan for tomorrow morning. I just resent the imposition of such excitement on my days off.

I did tidy one corner of my office and moved some of the boxes to the garage where they'll be a problem for another decade. We really should clear out the garage, says my wife. Be my guest. She's right (of course), it's full of dying Ikea furniture and randomalia, and now, my precious box collection. Oh, and some bicycles.
!nataS pihsroW