Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 2482405 times)

Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #3375 on: 19 December, 2009, 11:01:27 am »
Just got back from an epic £220 trip to Sainsbury's  :o

Dodgy stuff! You was only £10 away from getting a fat-tongue BJ off Jamie Oliver, courtesy
of the Sainsbury's customer loyalty scheme.
Quote from: Marbeaux
Have given this a great deal of thought and decided not to contribute to any further Threads for the time being.
POTD. (decade) :thumbsup:

toekneep

• Its got my name on it.
    • Blog
« Reply #3376 on: 19 December, 2009, 11:15:38 am »
Trying to get warm. That is the first time we have ever gone out for a ride and come home because we just couldn't get warm. After ten miles it was obvious that we were going to stay cold and uncomfortable so we turned tail and now we are hoping that tea and a mince pie might help to thaw us out. Brrrr.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #3377 on: 19 December, 2009, 11:32:58 am »
Writing Christmas cards. ;D
It is simpler than it looks.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #3378 on: 19 December, 2009, 12:43:03 pm »
Shivering. Soon I'll be showering and then shopping.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

« Reply #3379 on: 19 December, 2009, 01:12:37 pm »
eating lunch - banana and honey croissants mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

« Reply #3380 on: 19 December, 2009, 01:53:03 pm »
Taking a break from shopping, reading "Macho Sluts" in a coffee shop and peoplewatching...
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #3381 on: 19 December, 2009, 02:00:42 pm »
Wondering where I put the bright yellow car battery charger.  Danged thing has to be around here somewhere. ??? >:(
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #3382 on: 19 December, 2009, 02:03:06 pm »
Coughing. And enjoying the quiet that means tinyun (small charge with chicken pox) has gone back to sleep :).
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #3383 on: 19 December, 2009, 06:30:48 pm »
Just got back from an epic £220 trip to Sainsbury's  :o

Dodgy stuff! You was only £10 away from getting a fat-tongue BJ off Jamie Oliver, courtesy
of the Sainsbury's customer loyalty scheme.

I think for trolleys over £200 you should be allowed a free swing at Mr Oliver's eminently punchable physiognomy.  No knuckle dusters or baseball bats, obviously; they start from £300.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

jellied

• skip to the end
    • Ealing Bike Hub
« Reply #3384 on: 19 December, 2009, 06:42:34 pm »
Sitting smugly at home after starting the ball rolling on the cyclescheme for my new bike. Although slighly miffed that my little Zen MP3 has not in fact "got better" and is just as shagged as ever.
A shitter and a giggler.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #3385 on: 19 December, 2009, 06:47:47 pm »
I am trying to avoid the conclusion that not riding tomorrow's Whitegate audax is the sensible decision considering the temperature & likely icey road conditions :-\

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #3386 on: 19 December, 2009, 06:58:50 pm »
Watching Take That on telly and thinking I'd like to do Jason Orange on my new bathroom floor when I get it.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #3387 on: 19 December, 2009, 10:36:38 pm »
Watching Take That on telly and thinking I'd like to do Jason Orange on my new bathroom floor when I get it.

Isn't that a powerful defoliant which Denis Thatcher used to sell, the Americans dropped all over Vietnam & Laos and now still causes deformities two generations later? :o
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #3388 on: 19 December, 2009, 10:44:49 pm »
Being amused by the dog, who is totally infatuated by the liver cake which Dez has just cooked and is now cooling on a wire cake tray.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #3389 on: 19 December, 2009, 10:46:36 pm »
just back from seeing la boheme in cambridge - Cambridge Philharmonic Society .  Absolutely stunning, I cant understand why they only do one performance.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #3390 on: 20 December, 2009, 03:19:34 am »
Bored and sitting at home pissed off with myself as I couldn't get the car started to go to a friends christmas party that I was looking forward to going to.  Now after half an hour on the phone to the AA to be told it would be over 2 hours to get someone out to me.

So have fucked sleep patterns and now got fuck all to do.  So have batterys on charge and tomorrow morning will either play with a motorbike to get the electrics sorted and preped to get it back on the road.  Should work on the Ducati to get that back on the road just need some sheet steel to remake a few bits t get the bike back on the road.  Might even wash the mountain bike and tinker a little once its washed. Thinking of going to brighton in the morning deliver cards and gifts.  Going back via a friends in merton to twiddle his bike and then eat some cake.

What a shitty pointless life.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #3391 on: 20 December, 2009, 08:54:37 am »
So have batterys on charge and tomorrow morning will either play with a motorbike to get the electrics sorted and preped to get it back on the road.  Should work on the Ducati to get that back on the road just need some sheet steel to remake a few bits t get the bike back on the road.  Might even wash the mountain bike and tinker a little once its washed. Thinking of going to brighton in the morning deliver cards and gifts.  Going back via a friends in merton to twiddle his bike and then eat some cake.

What a shitty pointless life.
Sounds like an ideal Man Weekend to me  :thumbsup:
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #3392 on: 20 December, 2009, 10:06:13 am »
I am trying to avoid the conclusion that not riding tomorrow's Whitegate audax is the sensible decision considering the temperature & likely icey road conditions :-\

Consoling myself with the thought that not riding was the right decision but disappointed that several weeks of build-up mileage/training has gone to waste :(
I will take up the organisers option to do it as a Perm sometime in the future.

« Reply #3393 on: 20 December, 2009, 10:10:03 am »

Consoling myself with the thought that not riding was the right decision but disappointed that several weeks of build-up mileage/training has gone to waste :(
I will take up the organisers option to do it as a Perm sometime in the future.
The mileage/training hasn't gone to waste.  You will not suddenly become fat and lethargic just because you didn't ride today.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #3394 on: 20 December, 2009, 10:17:56 am »
It's an anti-climax thing,I'll be reet after a brief sulk ;)

« Reply #3395 on: 20 December, 2009, 10:22:32 am »
It's an anti-climax thing,I'll be reet after a brief sulk ;)
I know, just don't get obsessive about it. It's not healthy. Winter is a time to do less cycling and rest or switch to other forms of training to keep your interest. I do more/varied gym work. FWIW I haven't been on a bike since Tuesday and it'll be Tuesday at the earliest before I get out again, though I can't imagine much more ice will have gone by then since temperatures are not getting above zero Celcius.

Might do some stuff on my Swiss Ball this afternoon

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #3396 on: 20 December, 2009, 10:26:59 am »
I reckon that I'll have to make more use of the turbo & rollers.At least I now have a laptop which I can take into the garage to watch/listen to  a video/music to combat the boredom.I have even considered doing spinning classes again.

« Reply #3397 on: 20 December, 2009, 10:29:24 am »
I've been doing spinning classes in the gym for the last four weeks. In the New Year I'll switch to power training for two months

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #3398 on: 20 December, 2009, 10:30:57 am »
SWMBO remarked last night that buying a Swiss ball is likely to happen here because she is using one at physio & the guru has recommended one.
Our local Tesco sells 'em.

« Reply #3399 on: 20 December, 2009, 11:22:30 am »
Coffee then fettling the refitted Hope hub with Mavic CXP23 rim onto the Etape.
Not sure if I'll be going to work tomorrow as the roads are atrocious with ice.  But at least I'll be ready.