Author Topic: Specbike Technics recumbent trikes  (Read 1829 times)

Specbike Technics recumbent trikes
« on: April 01, 2018, 12:49:34 pm »
Hi has anyone come across these trikes.They are made in Latvia and the spec is impressive especially the folding comfort version with full suspension .I can’t find any reviews from owners which is a shame as information is limited.They can be found on www.specbiketechnics.com .

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
Re: Specbike Technics recumbent trikes
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 12:14:53 pm »
The engineering in that frame looks crude to me.

I would be concerned over the suspension pivot, which looks crudely executed and the quality of the shock unit, which looks definitely downmarket to me.

I'll stand to be proven wrong but it looks like the rear triangle & shock were lifted straight from a BSO. The front suspension tie rods might be rose jointed but somehow I doubt it.
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 10:01:19 pm »
'Gas-pipe' steel frame, so thick that they drilled a series of holes through (with no internal spacer) for seat fitting/adjustment...

...it's gonna weigh a tonne, innit?

Actually they state 23kg, compared to the 16.5kg of a typical Trice.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 01:23:03 am »
Not just me then...?
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 07:13:44 pm »
Input much appreciated.Too good to be true was my first thought.But reading your comments it appears build quality is far from premium build.You get what you pay for in life so my search carries on

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 09:14:51 pm »
If this is your first forray into the world of recumbents, I strongly recommend you try as many out as you can.

Somewhere like Dtek, near Ely in Cambridgeshire, has lots of experience and loads of bikes and trikes to try out.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2018, 08:23:23 pm »
I have 2 trikes from Specbikes. 1 "Comfort recumbent full suspension" and 1 "Folding E-Trike full suspension".
The CTFS has about 1000 km and 10.3 km uphill on the counter. 1 regular mountainbike trail called "Miriquidi" (165 km far, 1800 meters uphill) and every trail in the woods I was able to find. The E-CTFS is quite new in stock and counted 63 km until yesterday.

Concrete questions about one of these?