Author Topic: Buy Nowt Friday  (Read 508 times)

Cudzoziemiec

• Dormant but requires tea
Buy Nowt Friday
« on: November 28, 2019, 11:06:30 pm »
If you're in Bradford, you can go down to Forster's Exchange and make cards and stuff without buying things. Sounds like a decent antidote to the psychedelic cancer that suffocates us at this time.
Facey
Graun
The unwilling rider and the one who leaves each control in turn without reluctance, with no desire to come back, obviously cannot be making the same journey, even though their brevets are identical.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
Re: Buy Nowt Friday
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2019, 07:13:39 am »
I plan on not buying anything out of the ordinary
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2019, 08:18:06 am »
I have a list of larger purchases I'm on the lookout for over the next X months (a powertap hub, a new tent, a replacement commuter bike - that sized stuff). If I manage to get it for cheap in various sales (e.g. Black Friday, Boxing Day, etc) then all the better, but I don't go out looking for things that aren't already on my list.

Any money I've save gets donated to charity, so it's a roundabout way of making large corporations donate to charity (I benefit by getting some extra gift aid tax relief too).
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2019, 01:19:33 pm »
I was going to say I hadn't bought anything, then I realised I'd had an email to tell me my Sainsbury's Delivery Pass auto-renewed today.
I see that as a utility really.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2019, 12:47:22 pm »
I was contemplating the purchyof a replacement sat-nav, as Emily seems to have developed Droid Rot.  But then my grate frend Mr Woolrich gave me a Garmin wot someone else gave him but he didn't like :thumbsup:
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

ian

• fatuously disingenuous
    • The Suburban Survival Guide
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2019, 05:20:00 pm »
I have successfully bought nothing (other than food and drink). I do require a new eyebrow trimmer, however, after the last one inexplicably ceased to work. But I'll somehow hold out until later in the week.
!nataS pihsroW

Giraffe

• I brake for Giraffes
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2019, 08:26:08 am »
Confession: bought new Satellite PVR and LNB yesterday - didn't realise until afterpub that it was Cyber Monday. Sorry!
2x4: thick plank; 4x4: 2 of 'em.