Author Topic: Ridgeback Panorama warranty  (Read 1248 times)

Ridgeback Panorama warranty
« on: June 01, 2018, 11:16:15 am »
After a little more than 13 years and numerous forays from the midlands into the compass points of Europe ( usually via Holland and Belgium) & back, I had been camping in Shropshire ( a top Brown Clee) when, just near Church Stretton the drive side chainstay snapped at the weld, by the drop out, during a spirited bout of peddling. Managed to ride the 60 miles or so home with just one chainstay, all be it with a couple of zip ties attached largely to assuage my mind more than attend to the deflection ( amazing how the chain stays move even under twiddling).

Ridgeback ( & Swinnerton Cycles) have been marvellous and served me up with a Reynolds 853 replacement ( old bike was 725, and a nice stiff but comfy and surefooted ride, that I was sad to see the demise of) and I'm soon to be catapulted into the modern era with disc brakes (hopefully not literally).

So a most honourable company that have really looked after me. Thank you.
look down from t' hills across a land traversed..having known at least a route through, and written it in body and ascribed the mind to its ways

Re: Ridgeback Panorama warranty
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 11:46:31 am »
Impressive. Hope you enjoy the new bike.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 11:55:48 am »
I hope so too, I have seen a very aesthetically pleasing rendition of one very nicely attired within these very pages, that I've had the dastardly presumption to mimic style wise. I hope I'm forgiven, plagiarism and flattery or some such wording.
look down from t' hills across a land traversed..having known at least a route through, and written it in body and ascribed the mind to its ways

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 06:56:44 pm »
I hope so too, I have seen a very aesthetically pleasing rendition of one very nicely attired within these very pages, that I've had the dastardly presumption to mimic style wise. I hope I'm forgiven, plagiarism and flattery or some such wording.

'Olive' will forgive you! ;)

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 01:24:19 pm »
Bernhard doffs a brake lever !

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 05:33:40 pm »
Bernhard doffs a brake lever !

Any piccies yet?

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2018, 09:24:07 pm »
After a little more than 13 years and numerous forays from the midlands into the compass points of Europe ( usually via Holland and Belgium) & back, I had been camping in Shropshire ( a top Brown Clee) when, just near Church Stretton the drive side chainstay snapped at the weld, by the drop out, during a spirited bout of peddling. Managed to ride the 60 miles or so home with just one chainstay, all be it with a couple of zip ties attached largely to assuage my mind more than attend to the deflection ( amazing how the chain stays move even under twiddling).

Ridgeback ( & Swinnerton Cycles) have been marvellous and served me up with a Reynolds 853 replacement ( old bike was 725, and a nice stiff but comfy and surefooted ride, that I was sad to see the demise of) and I'm soon to be catapulted into the modern era with disc brakes (hopefully not literally).

So a most honourable company that have really looked after me. Thank you.
Mine broke in exactly the same place, and guess what I ended up with the same 853 bike  :thumbsup: they treated me good as well.
Eddington Number 75

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2018, 11:00:44 am »
Interesting, I assume you have to be the original owner with receipt and everything, or can I bear this in mind should the ebay purchase I made last year suffer a similar fate?
Duct tape is magic and should be worshipped