Author Topic: Start Time/Group  (Read 7856 times)

Re: Start Time/Group
« Reply #100 on: January 28, 2019, 08:22:30 pm »
I don't really want to start a new thread so trying here... does anyone know if the start slots reopen during registration later in the year ?
i.e. if people fail to qualify / register do they let those that have move into these gaps ?

Even now it looks like I can shuffle my pre-registration to a different (available) slot at any point.

(reason for asking is that my usual partner in crime was able to register with the 1000km bunch and I've had to wait until now to do it, they did choose a cautious entry slot but on pre-registering today the nearest available is still 30mins later)

Not a massive deal either way I guess but one less thing to fret about is always good :P

« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2019, 08:29:45 pm »
I’m not sure of the answer, but you will be locked in soon (about 24 hrs after??) so don’t mess around too much with start times!

« Reply #102 on: January 28, 2019, 08:34:39 pm »
I’m not sure of the answer, but you will be locked in soon (about 24 hrs after??) so don’t mess around too much with start times!

Ah cheers...  well I'm not moving any later  ;D  ... I was thinking that they might be able to log back in and move to the same slot.

« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2019, 08:46:40 pm »

Ah cheers...  well I'm not moving any later  ;D  ... I was thinking that they might be able to log back in and move to the same slot.

Your partner in crime can always start 30 mins late with you, regardless that their official start time is 30 mins earlier.  Don't do this if expecting to be full value and you will need every minute.

« Reply #104 on: January 28, 2019, 08:48:05 pm »
As for reopening at registration. The answer is yes, the web page tells you this once your pre registration is confirmed and locked.

« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2019, 09:00:15 pm »
Cheers Phil .... the waiting 30mins (or stopping for coffee in the first village) is the backup plan.