Author Topic: Where do permanent Events start from and go - can you help?  (Read 8092 times)

Re: Where do permanent Events start from and go - can you help?
« Reply #225 on: November 02, 2018, 06:26:54 pm »
Just had another thought - would you allow use of the map to "share" DIY routes which they're happy for others to use - maybe a separate map to avoid confusion with the proper Perms? As we've seen with your Perms map it's a lot easier to understand your nearby options when they're mapped out like this.
Heed the advice of @Somnolent you received earlier:
Alternatively, with a little more effort, turn it into a Perm ?
It really isn't that hard to do.   Mine (below) started out very much as
potentially useful for RRTY entrants if they can't find a suitable Calendar or Perm ride in a particular month, and thus avoid too much reinvention of wheels.
And your Permanent (with an element of applied quality control) can be added to Phil's map for all to enter/share with confidence.

Phil W

« Reply #226 on: November 02, 2018, 07:04:06 pm »
There is no functionality built to enable that, so there is nothing to allow.  I have a slow burn project over winter to enable direct adding, updating, deleting of perms and their control data directly in the mapping by the organisers. I have no plans to extend beyond that.

So sorry,  no scope creep or projects beyond what I have planned for it at the moment.

BeMoreMike

• Tries often, fails frequently.
« Reply #227 on: November 07, 2018, 12:49:13 pm »
Is this project still live, or has the location of the site changed ?

I haven't accessed it for a few weeks, but the link in the op on this thread isn't working. 

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #228 on: November 07, 2018, 12:58:13 pm »
There's a link on the previous page to this one, reply 223: https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=109541.msg2335165#msg2335165

FifeingEejit

• Small, Far Away
« Reply #229 on: November 07, 2018, 01:21:08 pm »
the link did seem to change slightly, most Perms now have the outline linked on the AUK site though.

BeMoreMike

• Tries often, fails frequently.
« Reply #230 on: November 07, 2018, 01:26:57 pm »
Thanks for the help, I've saved the new url in my favourites.

I didn't know also about the outline links on the AUK perm section.....the IT refresh is really starting to show results !!

« Reply #231 on: November 07, 2018, 02:13:39 pm »
..the IT refresh is really starting to show results !!
Don't be provocative.

Phil W

« Reply #232 on: November 07, 2018, 03:39:26 pm »
Links on aukweb is down to myself and Francis not any IT refresh.

« Reply #233 on: Today at 12:48:49 pm »
PL03 has been 'validated' (hence the 'Yes') but it starts and finishes in New Alresford (which the data (Controls column) do not show) and the map accordingly does not reflect.
PL03   Peter Lewis   Yes      No   Le Tour des Neuf Chevaux Blancs
https://maps.long-distance.rocks/audax-uk-permanents/PL03

« Reply #234 on: Today at 12:54:51 pm »
There's an event that is supposed to start and finish in Dingwall but turns up on the map on the new Audax UK website with a marker in the middle of the Pentland Hills south of Edinburgh.

« Reply #235 on: Today at 02:29:10 pm »
There's an event that is supposed to start and finish in Dingwall but turns up on the map on the new Audax UK website with a marker in the middle of the Pentland Hills south of Edinburgh.
I'll be guessing you refer to this CALENDAR event: http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/19-455/
Note the title of this thread: "Where do permanent Events start from and go - can you help?"
which is outside the scope of Phil's project (and OT for this thread).
I don't know who would benefit from the useful spot you've shared.