Author Topic: Inverness 1200  (Read 1990 times)

FifeingEejit

• Small, Far Away
Re: Inverness 1200
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2018, 09:53:56 pm »

The hostel at Invergarry is decent enough, and the owner is a cyclist and coffee sorcerer; I say that but I can't stand the stuff so...
If the timing fits he may be worth contacting;

Any bothy's nearby?

hm, the MBA website has run out of map licences for the day; however if there is any suitable near the route chances are it'll be populated by the Tennent's swigging, double denim crew.
Probably better scoping out bus shelters on GSV if you're on a budget.

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2018, 08:10:09 am »
Thanks.

Watching Griff Rhys Jones on the telly on his walk around the Highlands and he stayed in a bothy and it jogged my memory!

Bianchi Boy

• Cycling is my doctor
  • Is it possible for a ride to be too long?
    • Reading Cycling Club
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2018, 07:39:05 pm »
I have left this alone and it keeps coming back. Four days 300km per day. Start - Paisley - Inverness - Paisley - Finish. Looks very doable, I know the route and it gives a target that is not months away from the main Audax season.

Trying not to enter  :hand: :hand: :hand:

BB
Set a fire for a man and he will be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life.

Andy Corless

• Doesn't take the p***, says it as it is!
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2018, 04:13:13 pm »
Thanks to all those that have shown interest and entered. There's been a lot of interest in the Inverness 1200 and even more interest in the 1000. Everything's on course for a successful event. I've been inundated with people saying nice comments about the route. Some have said they'd prefer this to PBP, although I'm not expecting 6000 entrants. I'll be contacting all the entrants so far with the latest updates before I go off on holiday on Saturday.

Andy Corless
Organiser
Inverness 1200

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2018, 04:14:13 pm »
I've entered!  Looking forward to the challenge!

« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2018, 04:35:49 pm »
Any ideas of accommodation around the 600km mark?  Seeing as the bag drop is way back in Paisley at 300kms chances are I probably wont have any bivvy equipment with me so I'm looking at somewhere in the warmth!

When is the route being published so I can scope this out?

TIA

FifeingEejit

• Small, Far Away
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2018, 05:07:56 pm »
Based on the estimated control sequence

600km on the Inverness will be Inverness; loads of options but book early.

600km on the Fort Bill will be Tyndrumish?
Hostels at Glen Coe and Crianlarich, hotels and B&Bs at all 3.
There's also a few mountaineering huts along the way, Lagangrabh, Blackrock, Inverdannan (Crianlarich)

Andy Corless

• Doesn't take the p***, says it as it is!
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2018, 06:33:15 pm »
"When is the route being published so I can scope this out?"

This event doesn't use a mandatory route however, more often than not there's only 1 sensible way to go between controls and a route-sheet and GPX file will obviously be issued sometime before the event. A draft route-sheet will be issued sometime around early April but the final version, which won't be that much different from the first draft, will be issued in early June.

Andy Corless
Organiser
Inverness 1200