Linked Events

• Mid-Essex yacf Epiphany Extravaganza: 05 January, 2019 - 06 January, 2019

Author Topic: Mid-Essex yacf Epiphany Extravaganza (Saturday 4 January 2020)  (Read 46112 times)

Re: Mid-Essex yacf Epiphany Extravaganza (Saturday 4 January 2020)
« Reply #250 on: 18 December, 2019, 10:16:56 am »
Plan A = see you at the Spiritual Home in the evening, possibly with my sister and French husband*.
Plan B = join you for breakfast
Plan C = there isn’t a Plan C

* Quite what they will expect if I told them we were going to meet a group of mainly men that I met on the internet, oh and one person will be dressed as a reindeer!

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #251 on: 18 December, 2019, 11:02:51 am »
I very much like Plan A possibly combined with Plan B. Everyone is welcome but please inform your sister and BiL that kazoos are still banned (and I still wish to apologise for introducing them in the first place  :-[  )

« Reply #252 on: 18 December, 2019, 11:17:50 am »
Make sure it's the Horlicks he passes you not his "special milk carton"  :sick:
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

« Reply #253 on: 18 December, 2019, 12:14:14 pm »
Jem I read plan A as that you have both a sister and you have a husband who is French.

I'm fostering some outside hope of getting along for the evening and even outsider of getting Mr Millard along

Oscar's dad

« Reply #254 on: 18 December, 2019, 12:15:21 pm »
Jem I read plan A as that you have both a sister and you have a husband who is French.

I'm fostering some outside hope of getting along for the evening and even outsider of getting Mr Millard along

Blimey Dogger’s Lane rides again  :thumbsup:

« Reply #255 on: 18 December, 2019, 12:17:00 pm »
Carlos, camping?  ;D
How about you psyclist?

Maybe the following year. I've come across a Bivvy-RtY challenge, but I'm planning to start in April so that acclimatisation can be achieved before the colder months.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

« Reply #256 on: 18 December, 2019, 12:19:57 pm »
I can see where you are coming from....well unless I can find one and marry him before the 5th it will be my BiL

PS I’m JenM who is rarely confused with the cycling ace Jem

Oscar's dad

« Reply #257 on: 18 December, 2019, 12:34:56 pm »
Carlos, camping?  ;D
How about you psyclist?

Maybe the following year. I've come across a Bivvy-RtY challenge, but I'm planning to start in April so that acclimatisation can be achieved before the colder months.

Stop being a snowflake (can you see what I did there?) and just do it!

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #258 on: 18 December, 2019, 01:36:08 pm »
I am negotiating a pass for this - but my not be able to make all of it (Mr R’s father is not well and we’re having to make regular trips to the hospital in London).

Can someone PM the locations (I’ve found the Chelmsford Club but am lost by the reference to the Spiritual Home) and I’ll see what I can rustle up?
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Oscar's dad

« Reply #259 on: 18 December, 2019, 02:04:51 pm »
I am negotiating a pass for this - but my not be able to make all of it (Mr R’s father is not well and we’re having to make regular trips to the hospital in London).

Can someone PM the locations (I’ve found the Chelmsford Club but am lost by the reference to the Spiritual Home) and I’ll see what I can rustle up?

Excellent, some of us old hands remember the last time you turned up, in fact it was Christmas then not Epiphany.  We’ve all grown up a bit in recent years so you’re in for a far more civilised time of it!

The Spiritual Home is The Compasses Inn, Littlely Green, if you need more info let me know.  Hope you can make it  ;D

Regulator

« Reply #260 on: 18 December, 2019, 02:07:05 pm »

Excellent, some of us old hands remember the last time you turned up, in fact it was Christmas then not Epiphany.  We’ve all grown up a bit in recent years so you’re in for a far more civilised time of it!

The Spiritual Home is The Compasses Inn, Littlely Green, if you need more info let me know.  Hope you can make it  ;D

Does that mean I won't get my seasonal snog?   :'(

Green Party Councillor

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #261 on: 18 December, 2019, 02:13:50 pm »

I believe OD isn't fussy about seasons (or who)... Lol
Regards,

Joergen

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #262 on: 18 December, 2019, 02:21:03 pm »
Carlos, camping?  ;D
How about you psyclist?

Stop being a snowflake (can you see what I did there?) and just do it!

Exactly, that's a pathetic challenge in the summer. I don't know how you'll survive the Tour Divide, I really don't.

You'll enjoy camping with us, we can help you with our advice and expertise, it'll toughen you up a bit and it'll help you function outside of your (wussy) comfort zone.👍

Oscar's dad

« Reply #263 on: 18 December, 2019, 02:23:24 pm »

I’m sure something can be arranged!

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #264 on: 18 December, 2019, 02:25:33 pm »

I believe OD isn't fussy about seasons (or who)... Lol

For goodness sake come along and save me from OD tickling my tonsils again.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #265 on: 18 December, 2019, 02:48:50 pm »
I’m sure there’s enough to go around!

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #266 on: 18 December, 2019, 03:06:57 pm »

Blimey Dogger’s Lane rides again  :thumbsup:
errmm, don't think so, you're getting your infrequent withamites mixed up  ::-)
Although JF is a little more frequent than DL
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Oscar's dad

« Reply #267 on: 18 December, 2019, 06:19:30 pm »
The Current Mrs R would like to join us for luncheon.

« Reply #268 on: 19 December, 2019, 11:51:18 am »
Morning. Am  too late to join the party? Intending on joining breakfast and lunch if that's ok. Cheers

Oscar's dad

« Reply #269 on: 19 December, 2019, 12:34:11 pm »
Morning. Am  too late to join the party? Intending on joining breakfast and lunch if that's ok. Cheers

I’d be surprised if you were too late!

« Reply #270 on: 19 December, 2019, 02:13:55 pm »
Never too late for a Christophe.
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

« Reply #271 on: 19 December, 2019, 02:51:22 pm »
Cheers chaps. Is there any requirement for perusing lunch menus this year? What time is kick off?

Regulator

« Reply #272 on: 20 December, 2019, 10:49:59 am »
I have a pass!  It looks as though I'll be joining you (albeit courtesy of the infernal combustion engine) for dinner at the Spiritual Home...  :thumbsup:

I have been a wimp and booked a room.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #273 on: 20 December, 2019, 11:21:40 am »

Jog my memory - Is that the scene of the missing bike lock key on one of Wowbagger's rides?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #274 on: 20 December, 2019, 12:03:25 pm »
I have a pass!  It looks as though I'll be joining you (albeit courtesy of the infernal combustion engine) for dinner at the Spiritual Home...  :thumbsup:

I have been a wimp and booked a room.

Absolutely excellent!  I hope you won’t be disappointed if nobody wears hot pants this time!