Author Topic: A bike for winter  (Read 2708 times)

A bike for winter
« on: September 25, 2018, 08:50:10 am »
Cannondale Synapse first bike i have had that has all the little bits and pieces to fit mudguards.
Only considered Cannonade as my F2 lefty hardtails BB30 has survived 4 winters and still going strong.
Mudguards very easy to fit no issues , made a little l shaped bracket to replace the PDW over the calliper design .
PDW should supply a normal version for rear, like them no noise.
At last a nice bike and carbon wheels for winter use, wonder how long DA will last compared to campag record.
Only two slight issues headset cover is the tall version and the bars are only 44 wide on the 61cm model.
Might buy the low cover as my bars are a little high or flip the stem . Looking for 46 carbon bars with the removable covers 
Bike feels good , just need to relearn gear changes .

Re: A bike for winter
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 02:28:09 pm »
Well glad i never bought a trek, no problems to date . Cannondale still know how to make reliable bikes.

Paul Smith SRCC

• Surrey Road Cyling Club
  • 45+ years a club rider, 33+ years in cycle trade.
    • www.plsmith.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 11:50:23 am »
I still use my winter fixie to commute, a Dave Yates built Pearson, Reynolds 531, Schmidt Son Hub, BM led front light, Ta Vega chainset, Mavic open pro rims, Carradice Super C rack top back. It's a frame that I have used for over thirty plus years, I still love it

JonB

• Granny Ring ... Yes Please!
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2020, 02:50:19 pm »
I still use my winter fixie to commute, a Dave Yates built Pearson, Reynolds 531, Schmidt Son Hub, BM led front light, Ta Vega chainset, Mavic open pro rims, Carradice Super C rack top back. It's a frame that I have used for over thirty plus years, I still love it

That looks absolutely lovely, I'm not surprised you love it.

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2020, 04:00:35 pm »
Up here it would be a rusty wreak due to the salt, nice bike for the winter.  Been looking for another TA vega chainset, TA stopped making them😩

Paul Smith SRCC

• Surrey Road Cyling Club
  • 45+ years a club rider, 33+ years in cycle trade.
    • www.plsmith.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2020, 08:56:32 am »
Up here it would be a rusty wreak due to the salt, nice bike for the winter.  Been looking for another TA vega chainset, TA stopped making them😩
Agreed it's a shame they seem to have stopped the Vega, I like TA chainsets, I have a Ta Carmina on my Van Nicholas Yukon. The Carmina is in effect the same chainset but with different crank arms (polished silver instead of matt black), the spider, rings, bolts, lock ring and spacers were all interchangeable. Carmina cranks were more expensive, they are still available all be it to order only from the UK distributer 'Chickencyclekit.co.uk' (there was no stock last time I looked before going on Furlough), they have always been quite an investment; cheap they are not.

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2020, 08:48:51 pm »
Have the carmina chaisets on 2 road/light touring bikes and the  Zepher tandem chainset,   would say TA make the best chainrings.