Author Topic: Michelin Pro 4 Endurance V2  (Read 2833 times)

Michelin Pro 4 Endurance V2
« on: October 01, 2018, 04:52:24 pm »
Properly impressed by these.

Started using them last year, swapped out for my normal Marathons last winter and put back on again in March this year. Really easy to get on the rim and ridden several 000km over the last few months , notably more compliant and comfortable than the marathons and seem to roll and grip pretty well. No problems with flats, about to take them off for the winter and should see a good few more miles out of them next year. I paid about £25 a pop from Decathlon for 28c size.

Very impressed, so much so that I’ve put 25c’s on my Audax bike.

A

Re: Michelin Pro 4 Endurance V2
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 05:23:03 pm »
They are my faves.  25's on the Cervelo (cause that's all it will take) and 28's on the Van Nic used for longer rides.  Impressive in all departments - grip, wear, puncture protection and rolling resistance.

Sadly the 28's are (coincidentally) £28 now at Decathlon - got them for £22 until recently.

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 05:39:31 pm »
They are the same tyre as the Krylion 2.

I have a pair of new 25mm, surplus to requirements if anybody wants some: £45 posted

(I've gone tubeless on all bikes,)

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 05:46:14 pm »
They are the same tyre as the Krylion 2.

I have a pair of new 25mm, surplus to requirements if anybody wants some: £45 posted

(I've gone tubeless on all bikes,)
£40 posted for a deal? :thumbsup:

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 06:02:44 pm »
£43 and you are on  :P

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2018, 09:11:31 pm »
After finally exhausting my supply of Krylions I fitted one of these to the front of my commuter recently. No flats as yet and (from my particularly insensitive) perspective they are indistinguishable from the Krylions.
Rust never sleeps

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2018, 11:45:39 am »
Had these on the Roubaix last year in 28mm flavour, got some 25mm on it now.  Great tyres
Audaxing Blog follow @vorsprungbike on

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2018, 09:47:29 pm »
Another fan here, I have them on several sets of wheels
Eddington Number 75

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2018, 10:38:52 pm »
Used them in 25 and 28mm. They are still my tyre of choice for these sizes.
A pity they don't make them in 32mm so on my new bike I'm experimenting again.

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2019, 03:06:40 pm »
25-622 gave me 8224km for before needing replacement (carcass threads showing in two places) - on rear.
Replaced with a 4000SII for PBP and now with a GP4S, for the 2019 winter.
https://www.bicyclerollingresistance.com/road-bike-reviews/compare/continental-grand-prix-4-season-2015-vs-michelin-pro-4-endurance-v2-2015

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2019, 09:55:01 pm »
I only got 1042km out of a pair of Michelin Pro 4 endurance till the tread started peeling off.... I'd hardly call just over 1000km an endurance tyre....

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2019, 10:04:00 pm »
How many months to cover the distance? Some tyres can delaminate before they are worn through.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2019, 04:02:38 pm »
How many months to cover the distance? Some tyres can delaminate before they are worn through.

Just over a year...  A shame, as they were quite comfortable tyres...

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2019, 04:26:38 pm »

Just over a year...  A shame, as they were quite comfortable tyres...

Sounds like yours are defective.  I'd contact the supplier or even Michelin direct.  I've been running these for a few years and certainly never had delamination, even on tyres a couple of years old with many thousands on them.  They wear out in the normal way.

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2019, 05:29:50 pm »
After finally exhausting my supply of Krylions I fitted one of these to the front of my commuter recently. No flats as yet and (from my particularly insensitive) perspective they are indistinguishable from the Krylions.
my perception after a year's use is that they cut up a lot more easily than the Krylions.Lots and lots and lots of little cuts (and some big ones too), whereas the Krylions would have had just a few big cuts. Not particularly impressed with this aspect of them.

There again, my new commuting route is into the City of London from SW London and not the reverse, and the route is almost certainly significantly more glass smothered.

I have a Krylion left so on the next tyre change I'll pop that on and run a direct comparison with a Pro 4 Endurance.
Rust never sleeps