Author Topic: Easter Arrow 2019  (Read 4780 times)

Re: Easter Arrow 2019
« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2019, 03:47:53 pm »
Second public service announcement.

Book it on the Scotrail website and you can still do bike reservations online.  Saves the poxy ring a help line then get put on hold whilst they ask their supervisor how to do bike reservations saga.

Sadly this isn't the case anymore, still have to call up and book. In addition Scotrail tickets are not availble yet for their services on 20 April.

EDIT: after ~1 year of no bike resv. being possible through their site, it seems today its been re-enabled. Just booked an Aberdeen-Dundee service
Woo hoo  :thumbsup:

I heard that this facility was about to return. 

« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2019, 03:19:17 pm »

Book it on the Scotrail website and you can still do bike reservations online.  Saves the poxy ring a help line then get put on hold whilst they ask their supervisor how to do bike reservations saga.

Sadly this isn't the case anymore, still have to call up and book. In addition Scotrail tickets are not availble yet for their services on 20 April.

EDIT: after ~1 year of no bike resv. being possible through their site, it seems today its been re-enabled. Just booked an Aberdeen-Dundee service

I also used  Scotrail in July to make online bike reservations for a Virgin West coast route.  So bike reservations have not been missing for a year, unless they have on Scotrails own routes.

yorkie

• On top of the Galibier
« Reply #77 on: February 02, 2019, 03:48:32 pm »

I also used  Scotrail in July to make online bike reservations for a Virgin West coast route.  So bike reservations have not been missing for a year, unless they have on Scotrails own routes.

I used the ScotRail website to book bike reservations with tickets last September and October for two separate Brevets, so they may have been lacking for a couple of months, if that.

Incidentally, anyone using the Transpennine Express App can book bikes through the App (certainly on Android) which I believe is the only App based ticket purchasing system with this feature (at the moment) but I may be wrong!  ;)
Born to ride my bike, forced to work! ;)

British Cycling Regional Track Commissaire
British Cycling Regional Circuit Commissaire
British Cycling Ride Leader

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2019, 10:05:12 am »
ACME Team Fixed looking for a new recruit - currently numbers stand at 3, one more possible. [Actually 3 fixed, one free, so all flavours welcome.]

« Reply #79 on: Yesterday at 10:44:23 pm »
ACME Team Fixed looking for a new recruit - currently numbers stand at 3, one more possible. [Actually 3 fixed, one free, so all flavours welcome.]

Me! If you're leaving on Friday morning.
About time I got out on my fixie again.