Author Topic: Preppers and prepping tendencies  (Read 5112 times)

Formerly Known As

• The Legend Lives On
Re: Preppers and prepping tendencies
« Reply #100 on: March 19, 2019, 10:20:12 pm »
I'm a prepper, although prior to the age of the I interweb I'd have been called a...

SURVIVALIST!!!!

Shock horror indeed.

Food and non perishables for the family for about 3 months, independent powers supplies, several weeks of water (more with rationing), legally held firearms and crossbow so hu ting and civil defence ar covered, financial independence, enough wood to heat and cook for a year.

Aside from being able to look after me and my loved ones in a SHTF situation, as a patriot I consider it my duty to reduce my reliance on government support in times of national emergency.  I also use as little road fuel as possible (I'm a cyclist you see, with a tiny car that hardly uses any fuel) thus reducing the countries reliance on foreign energy sources.

Common sense, preparedness, patriotism.  What's not to like?

« Reply #101 on: March 21, 2019, 01:19:28 pm »
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-47640908

True Blue Brexiters will have to use the Daily Heil.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

bludger

• Randonneur and bargain hunter
« Reply #102 on: March 21, 2019, 01:37:05 pm »
Well they've steered us up the creek without the paddle, I was hoping I'd at least have something to wipe my arse with while here but it looks like the raging old bastards have made sure to rob me of even that precious luxury.
YACF touring/audax bargain basement:
https://bit.ly/2Xg8pRD

Formerly Known As

• The Legend Lives On
« Reply #103 on: March 21, 2019, 03:06:16 pm »
They stole your arse?  ???

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2019, 01:20:46 pm »
This stockpiling thing would have made my late Granny very happy, she always had a cupboard full of cans of meat and fruit just in case.
I think it was quite common amongst those who lived through the depression then the war and rationing.

Yep.  When one of our local oldies died a few years ago, they found her under stairs cupboard and pantry were packed full of tins - some of which were over 40 years old...
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Formerly Known As

• The Legend Lives On
« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2019, 10:09:59 pm »

Yep.  When one of our local oldies died a few years ago, they found her under stairs cupboard and pantry were packed full of tins - some of which were over 40 years old...

Did you risk trying any of them?

« Reply #106 on: March 22, 2019, 10:19:56 pm »
Well they've steered us up the creek without the paddle, I was hoping I'd at least have something to wipe my arse with while here but it looks like the raging old bastards have made sure to rob me of even that precious luxury.

Stock up now on washing powder and use flannels or cut up old sheets and towels. Dampen with water and they do a better job than tp anyway. You can get a bucket with a lid to store them once used until they are washed. If you don't have any rags to use, you can get washable wipes from ebay or posh ones from cheeky wipes or similar companies.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

Kim

• Timelord
« Reply #107 on: March 22, 2019, 10:21:46 pm »

Did you risk trying any of them?

This is what the Manx Beard Club are for.
To ride the Windcheetah, first, you must embrace the cantilever...

Cudzoziemiec

• Solar powered, tea fuelled cycle-wol
« Reply #108 on: March 23, 2019, 12:15:51 pm »

Stock up now on washing powder and use flannels or cut up old sheets and towels. Dampen with water and they do a better job than tp anyway. You can get a bucket with a lid to store them once used until they are washed. If you don't have any rags to use, you can get washable wipes from ebay or posh ones from cheeky wipes or similar companies.
A practical tip on this thread! (from a practical person, it must be said)
After that there's left hand and water.
sideways bounding monkey lounging under fruit tree

« Reply #109 on: March 23, 2019, 03:04:57 pm »
Just poo before a shower, then you can use the Calcutta rinse.
Never tell me the odds.