Author Topic: Tabor leather saddles  (Read 1443 times)

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
Tabor leather saddles
« on: February 13, 2019, 08:27:21 am »
It turns out that there are more leather saddle manufacturers in Europe than I thought. Tabor saddles have been handmade in Portugal since 1965. Most are excessively sprung affairs (IMHO) but there are a couple of variations on the theme of B17 Narrow that look worthwhile. The prices are decent too.

https://taborsaddles.com/en/products/city
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

Cudzoziemiec

• Eating all the pies and drinking all the tea.
Re: Tabor leather saddles
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 10:56:50 am »
With a photo taken in London (I guess it's London, certainly UK). I don't think their translator was based in UK though.
Days become simply the spaces between dreams, spaces between the shifting floors of time...

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 02:27:57 am »
Not UK - the parking sign is wrong for a start, and I don't think the buildings look British.

(In fact, I reckon it's taken outside the Intemporal Bicycles shop in Porto - the cafe chairs and bookshop across the road match very nicely with Streetview ...)

Cudzoziemiec

• Eating all the pies and drinking all the tea.
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 08:43:46 am »
I was just going by the yellow lines and the car that's seemingly driving on the left! Yellow lines are taking over the world!
Days become simply the spaces between dreams, spaces between the shifting floors of time...

T42

• Old fool in a hurry
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 09:00:43 am »
Intemporal appear to have that bike in their shop window: click
I've dusted all those old bottles and set them up straight.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2019, 02:09:56 pm »
I wonder if their vegetable tanning uses the same process that Brooks doubled their prices for. A Tabor City saddle is about half the price that a B17 Select was.

EDIT: It seems that Brooks has discontinued the organic leather Select series of saddles in the past couple of years. That is a pity, Select saddles lasted about three times as long as the normal leather options.

https://taborsaddles.com/en/this-is-ultra-modern/tabor-leather-saddles-are-made-with-the-finest-vegetable-leather
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...