Author Topic: Tabor leather saddles  (Read 1154 times)

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
Tabor leather saddles
« on: February 13, 2019, 08:27:21 am »
It turns out that there are more leather saddle manufacturers in Europe than I thought. Tabor saddles have been handmade in Portugal since 1965. Most are excessively sprung affairs (IMHO) but there are a couple of variations on the theme of B17 Narrow that look worthwhile. The prices are decent too.

https://taborsaddles.com/en/products/city
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

Cudzoziemiec

• Waking up now, put the kettle on!
Re: Tabor leather saddles
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 10:56:50 am »
With a photo taken in London (I guess it's London, certainly UK). I don't think their translator was based in UK though.
I do not ride a great big Mercian, gangster tanwalls, fixed cog in the back.

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 02:27:57 am »
Not UK - the parking sign is wrong for a start, and I don't think the buildings look British.

(In fact, I reckon it's taken outside the Intemporal Bicycles shop in Porto - the cafe chairs and bookshop across the road match very nicely with Streetview ...)

Cudzoziemiec

• Waking up now, put the kettle on!
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 08:43:46 am »
I was just going by the yellow lines and the car that's seemingly driving on the left! Yellow lines are taking over the world!
I do not ride a great big Mercian, gangster tanwalls, fixed cog in the back.

T42

• Tea tank
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 09:00:43 am »
Intemporal appear to have that bike in their shop window: click
I've dusted all those old bottles and set them up straight.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2019, 02:09:56 pm »
I wonder if their vegetable tanning uses the same process that Brooks doubled their prices for. A Tabor City saddle is about half the price that a B17 Select was.

EDIT: It seems that Brooks has discontinued the organic leather Select series of saddles in the past couple of years. That is a pity, Select saddles lasted about three times as long as the normal leather options.

https://taborsaddles.com/en/this-is-ultra-modern/tabor-leather-saddles-are-made-with-the-finest-vegetable-leather
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...