Author Topic: Moonrakers & Sunseekers 300km 15/11/19  (Read 812 times)

Moonrakers & Sunseekers 300km 15/11/19
« on: March 04, 2019, 10:16:44 am »
This caused a little storm in a teacup last year. So it is back!

A fast easy run through the night passing Devizes' The Crammer where legend has it Wiltshire smugglers claimed to the excisemen they were raking for the moon, then down the Avon valley. Along the Promenade from Bournemouth to Poole for Breakfast at Lilliput Sea Scouts. Then around Poole Harbour and Sunseekers boatyard. Followed by lanes back through the Dorset Hills passing the chocolatebox village of Milton Abbas and the abbey to Glastonbury and The Levels. The Strawberry Line railway path takes you under the Mendips before popping you out at The Strawberry Line Cafe for the last control. This a community asset helping young adults with learning difficulties develop skills for the hospitality industry; after last years event I popped in to say thanks and was told they had their best day ever! Then back into Bristol this time hopefully, works permitting, by a quieter route.

Starting and finishing this time at Felix Road Adventure Playground another valuable community asset promoting free play; thanks to last year several hundred pounds was raised but still a mere drop in the ocean thanks to cuts in local play services.

On the calendar early as almost immediately after last year's event I was getting emails about the next. Entry will close when capacity reached, already at 10% after just a few days.

Entry here: http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/19-866/

Last year's thread: https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=110095.0

Re: Moonrakers & Sunseekers 300km 15/11/19
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 10:18:21 am »
No plans for a summer Sunseekers & Moonrakers this year but will create a perm when I've got a few minutes.

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 06:13:54 pm »
booked in ASAP, now this is a challenge !!

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2019, 02:47:14 pm »
Update on numbers: I've surpassed last year's entries already so I anticipate reaching the maximum before the advertised closing date of 10th November. Secure your place now.

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2019, 08:55:04 pm »
Provisionally in, assuming life and trains align.