Author Topic: E-bike experience  (Read 6128 times)

Re: E-bike experience
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2020, 10:52:06 pm »
This is the gist of the e-bike thing for me:

E-bikes take away the obsession with momentum.

As uttered by Timothy Mallett:

https://ebiketips.road.cc/content/news/utterly-brilliant-an-interview-with-timmy-mallet-on-all-things-e-bike-2343

Kim

• Timelord
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2020, 11:51:36 pm »
That's an utterly brilliant way of putting it!
Careful, Kim. Your sarcasm's showing...

« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2020, 07:37:25 pm »
That's an utterly brilliant way of putting it!

I’m really glad you think so too!

Also: headwinds. Or strong winds in general. Usually a factor in the “will I, won’t I” decision to ride. On an e-bike, unless damage to buildings is occurring, I really don’t care.

velosam

• '.....you used to be an apple on a stick.'
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2020, 08:10:31 pm »
Pretty much as they said. You just get on and ride.

Its a bit odd because when it starts feeling tough, I need to remind myself to take it easier and let the motor take the strain!

« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2020, 03:42:02 pm »
I find it strangely satisfying to sail past lycra-clad riders going uphill when I'm in Badass Turbo mode and doing naughty MPH. They won't have heard the motor by the time I'm well clear of them and will be wondering how that fat git could possibly be going so fast.

The one thing I find I have to avoid is a flashing front light at night. Motons assume that's a bike and will cut in front of me at junctions accordingly, even though I'm going quickly. My front light is powerful enough to mimic a motorcycle's and motons then treat me a little better.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.