Author Topic: I carried this on my bicycle  (Read 114755 times)

Re: I carried this on my bicycle
« Reply #625 on: March 19, 2018, 11:44:21 am »
Is there an "I carried this bike on my bike" thread ?  ;D
Did I post this, from the Comic years ago, previously? I have the same trailer, so I tried it once, although I preferred to remove the wheels and put them on wheel carriers:

'contraption' ::-)

« Reply #626 on: May 01, 2018, 06:12:49 pm »
part of the frame for a fruit cage.  I had to turn my right foot inwards to reach the pedal and the top of the frame kind of rested against my face.  This bike (which belonged to my father-in-law's step father) is ace for carrying stuff locally.  Glad I added a three speed when I replaced the back wheel (good call Brucey).  The thing is heavy.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qjgaYczv8iBrz4zHA

Wowbagger

• Dez's butler
    • Musings of a Gentleman Cyclist
Oh, Bach without any doubt. Bach every time for me.

Kim

• 2nd in the world
« Reply #628 on: May 31, 2018, 06:56:48 pm »
Too quick to get a photo, but a guy just went past on a fully milk-crated bicycle, with a granny-trolly bodged up as a trailer and a folding step-ladder sticking out of the top of his rucksack.
To ride the Windcheetah, first, you must embrace the cantilever...

Kim

• 2nd in the world
« Reply #629 on: June 11, 2018, 09:25:23 pm »
Nikki OTP demonstrates her Helinox portage technique:

Cudzoziemiec

• Solar powered, tea fuelled cycle-wol
« Reply #630 on: June 16, 2018, 03:54:56 pm »
And a closer-up shot:

She posed for this umpty times, quite the rock star of velo-portage is our Nikki. More realistically, it's a demonstration of the utilitarian value of butterfly bars.
An ungovernable laughter, a joyous agitation which makes the summer stretching before you seem like an unrolling canvas on which you might draw those first rude pure strokes that are free. (Capote)

Kim

• 2nd in the world
« Reply #631 on: June 16, 2018, 06:25:52 pm »
More realistically, it's a demonstration of the utilitarian value of butterfly bars.

Yeahbut you can't dangle tesco bags from them.

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #632 on: October 04, 2018, 07:51:28 pm »

I carried a rack on my rack. And yes, those are spare bars (x2) poking out of the pannier.
An ungovernable laughter, a joyous agitation which makes the summer stretching before you seem like an unrolling canvas on which you might draw those first rude pure strokes that are free. (Capote)

« Reply #633 on: November 27, 2018, 03:06:51 pm »
"Hi, is the fridge still for sale?"

"Yeah. Buyer collects though. You got transport?"

"Yeah no problem..."

https://twitter.com/Berk_On_A_Bike/status/1066385087346954240

« Reply #634 on: January 15, 2019, 08:55:03 am »
Noah Shledon's short film, Styrofoam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBUNlX3jU5A

"A migrant worker’s daily circus-like balancing act is a surreal reflection of China’s economy."

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #635 on: January 15, 2019, 09:10:12 am »
Impressive cycling but a rather sad story.

« Reply #636 on: May 09, 2019, 09:23:58 pm »
Three bags of compost, the one up front was a bit much.

robgul

• HoECC & Cycle:End-to-End webmaster, S Warwickshire Bike Shop in Wellesbourne
  • . . cyclist, Cytech accredited, manages an LBS
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #637 on: May 11, 2019, 08:25:00 pm »
Oh yes!

Here we go.

The trike is Rob's - a lucky find on eBay and I collected it last week with my trailer.  It's safely stashed in the SEEKRIT BUNKER and we're just hoping that Liz doesn't take a liking to it...

Having been used by 2 of my grand-children this rather splendid machine is still in pretty good condition and is FOR SALE .... they (with the other pair of children) are now using the fleet of Islabikes that I have invested in (I buy them - ebay etc - they use them and I then have them back to sell when they're grown out of)

Rob