Author Topic: Confessions of a tool junkie  (Read 13736 times)

Re: Confessions of a tool junkie
« Reply #250 on: March 28, 2020, 01:14:37 pm »
Just received these Were allan keys from Amazon:

Lovely! Not a sharp edge on any of them. Supposed to be less likely to damage hex bolts than standard ones as well.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

« Reply #251 on: March 28, 2020, 02:17:56 pm »
I've so nearly clicked the button on a set of those a few times. But I really don't need any more allen keys.
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #252 on: March 28, 2020, 02:32:35 pm »
Part of my lockdown therapy is sorting out the garage. I'm winnowing out the crap. Today its alan keys keys, sockets and the Quality Street tin full of assorted screwdriver bits.

« Reply #253 on: March 28, 2020, 05:36:54 pm »

Lovely! Not a sharp edge on any of them. Supposed to be less likely to damage hex bolts than standard ones as well.

I have a set of those both metric and imperial i was given as a thank you.  Not the swanky colours though.

Zipperhead

• The cyclist formerly known as Big Helga
« Reply #254 on: March 28, 2020, 06:27:03 pm »

I bought a set of those, they're so nice that I bought a little Wera tool set, then a bigger Wera socket set.

I don't regret the outlay though, they're always a pleasure to use. I don't leave them in the garage though!
Our son does know who Boz Scaggs is, we've done ok as parents.

« Reply #255 on: March 28, 2020, 06:35:50 pm »

How much did they cost?

« Reply #256 on: March 28, 2020, 06:55:13 pm »

How much did they cost?

£20.60

You can get a magnetised set if you want for a bit more.

« Reply #257 on: March 28, 2020, 06:57:47 pm »
I bought a set of those, they're so nice that I bought a little Wera tool set, then a bigger Wera socket set.

I don't regret the outlay though, they're always a pleasure to use. I don't leave them in the garage though!

Wera and Wiha kit is addictive I have found, and then there are Knippex and Gedore ....

Knippex Cobra slip joint pliers are the only plumbing pliers that don't make me swear and want to throw them out the window when I am using them. That reminds me I need a couple more in different sizes before I tackle the bathroom.

« Reply #258 on: March 29, 2020, 10:05:38 am »

How much did they cost?

£20.60
Now£24.98 :(