Author Topic: Boardman cycling mitts  (Read 1171 times)

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
Boardman cycling mitts
« on: April 22, 2019, 07:39:09 pm »
From Halfords.

TL;DR - they are shit, don't bother.

Yes, Halfords, I know, but they were an emergency purchase. I bought these last year, didn't actually get worn. Dug them out of the drawer today and the velcro had parted company with the little tab that seals the mitt. Bloody useless.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Kim

• Timelord
Re: Boardman cycling mitts
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 08:10:52 pm »
A recent iteration of the Aldi ones have a similar affliction (completely inadequate stitching around the velcro), combined with a particularly stupid design where the tab goes the wrong way to be easily done up by your opposite hand.  I'm really not sure what they were thinking, there, but it seems to exacerbate the stress on the stitching as well as increasing the faff of putting them on and off.  I use them exclusively for races because I'd rather it were those ones that got crash-damaged[1].

Related, there seems to be a shoddy knock-off velcro doing the rounds, with a loop side that turns into useless fluff after a relatively short number of mating cycles.

[1] Combined with a set of borderline indecently well-worn 3/4s seems to guarantee phenomenal tyre grip on fast corners.
Careful, Kim. Your sarcasm's showing...