Author Topic: Female Friendly Audax.  (Read 5044 times)

Bianchi Boy

• Cycling is my doctor
  • Is it possible for a ride to be too long?
    • Reading Cycling Club
Re: Female Friendly Audax.
« Reply #125 on: June 01, 2019, 06:42:34 pm »
Having a map of toilets is useful for everyone

Yes, I generally know where there are bogs because occasionally I need to find one in a hurry.
I carry wet wipes as can be caught short in quite a sudden way.

I apologise for the detail.

BB

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

... suggest that you fly that comment past any close female friends or relatives.
The first rule of phoo club........ Every long distance cyclist has a story......

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

Set a fire for a man and he will be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life.

Re: Female Friendly Audax.
« Reply #126 on: June 03, 2019, 12:33:55 pm »
I noticed ctc magazine this week has an article about very short/tall/heavy riders and illustrates this with (amongst others) a woman who is 5’3” - the average height of a woman in the uk! The article is pretty good, but it does make you wonder when an average woman is regarded as extreme by the ctc

Wow.
I didn't believe that statistic and went off and Googled - and marylogic is correct. I'm 5'7" and have always felt that was "average-ish or maybe just over average".

I said to my husband once "You may be a short man but you are not a short person." - he is 5'5" which is short enough to be a hassle when buying clothes (especially trousers) but he can pretty much walk into a bike shop and walk out with a bike to fit.