Author Topic: Small victories  (Read 984 times)

citoyen

• Cat 6 Racer
Small victories
« on: June 30, 2019, 02:13:02 pm »
I found my pipe cutter. Only took 20 minutes of looking.

(Finding one's pipe cutter might not be considered an achievement for the Jureks of this world who keep their tools well ordered, but...)

Re: Small victories
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2019, 02:29:25 pm »
 ;D
It'll come as no surprise to you then, that I know exactly where both of my tube cutters are, as well as the location of a replacement cutting wheel.
In the drawer yclept 'Cutting tools', of course.
Embossed Dymo label on the drawer an' everyfink.

T42

• Tea tank
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 02:41:00 pm »
I saw the knob on mine yesterday from a distance and thought "WTF that?"  Investigated... "Oh yes, that".

I only bought the thing a month ago. :facepalm:
I've dusted all those old bottles and set them up straight.

robgul

• HoECC & Cycle:End-to-End webmaster, S Warwickshire Bike Shop in Wellesbourne
  • . . cyclist, Cytech accredited, manages an LBS
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2019, 03:24:47 pm »
. . . my two pipe cutters (one with large-ish knob and one very compact for restricted spaces) will be in the dedicated "plumbing tool box" along with the gaz blowlamp, piezo lighter, solder, flux, spanners etc and a range of copper and compression fittings.

Current task is to make a plywood case to house my new router and its range of bits - everything in its place makes sense and life so much simpler :thumbsup:

Rob

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2019, 03:34:52 pm »
I saw the knob on mine yesterday from a distance and thought "WTF that?"  Investigated... "Oh yes, that".

I only bought the thing a month ago. :facepalm"
With that, and the early morning greeting, have  you considered deploying corrective lenses?  :P

T42

• Tea tank
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2019, 03:49:16 pm »
AFAIK giglamps do nothing much for the memory.
I've dusted all those old bottles and set them up straight.

Cudzoziemiec

• Solar powered, tea fuelled cycle-wol
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 04:23:59 pm »
"Pick a flower on Earth and you move the farthest star." Dirac.

Kim

• Timelord
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2019, 06:45:49 pm »
I broke my pipe cutter a few years ago, but I had to search the Cupboard Of Doom for some strimmer line last week, which turned into a full-scale tidying up and cull of dead bicycle tyres and assorted car stuff (haven't owned a car since 2007) I expect will become really handy some time next month.

Halfway through this operation, the strimmer line was found!
Careful, Kim. Your sarcasm's showing...

MikeFromLFE

• Previously known as Millimole
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2019, 09:53:29 pm »
I've finally cut up the fibreglass canoe that's been on Google Earth views of my garage roof since the beginning of time. (Previous thread somewhere on yacf gives details).
It's now a pile of fibreglass bits on my drive which will probably sit there until either a) my kids have to sell the house to pay care home fees, or b) I work out when the local tip is open (seems to be based on moon phasing)

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

citoyen

• Cat 6 Racer
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2019, 05:02:36 pm »
I bought a couple of 'ripe and ready' avocados for lunch yesterday but they felt a bit firm so I didn't dare cut into either.

Took the chance on one for today's lunch, and it was absolutely perfect - neither too firm nor too soft.

Fingers crossed the second won't be past edible by tomorrow...

ian

• fatuously disingenuous
    • The Suburban Survival Guide
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2019, 08:29:49 pm »
That doesn't compute. They're never edible.
!nataS pihsroW

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2019, 09:03:18 pm »
I bought a couple of 'ripe and ready' avocados for lunch yesterday but they felt a bit firm so I didn't dare cut into either.

Took the chance on one for today's lunch, and it was absolutely perfect - neither too firm nor too soft.

Fingers crossed the second won't be past edible by tomorrow...

Don't confuse an avocado  with a conference pear, for which the moment of ripeness is approximately 3 Planck units.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2019, 09:35:15 pm »
Conference pears still stone hard in my fruit bowl after 8 days. Just about managed to cut one up this morning. It was OK.