Author Topic: 100 Greatest Cycling Climbs  (Read 415 times)

100 Greatest Cycling Climbs
« on: August 21, 2019, 10:00:05 pm »
How many have you done and where are your favourites?

S2L

Re: 100 Greatest Cycling Climbs
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 09:50:45 am »
Haven't kept count... I think around 30-40 of them.

The hardest I've done: Hardknott, Wrynose, Bwlch Y Groes, Garsdale Head, Winnats pass, Bushcombe Lane (Book 2)

The most beautiful: Bealach-Na-Ba, Llanberis pass, The Burway, Honister pass, Gospel Pass (book 2).

My local: Dovers Hill, Edge hill (book 2).

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 09:57:14 am »

The hardest I've done: Hardknott, Wrynose, Bwlch Y Groes, Garsdale Head, Winnats pass, Bushcombe Lane (Book 2)

The most beautiful: Bealach-Na-Ba, Llanberis pass, The Burway, Honister pass, Gospel Pass (book 2).

Amazing, I’ve only done one of those you mention - Edge Hill. Have you considered downloading the App at all? It keeps count for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 10:03:48 am »
37 according to the app.

I went through a spell of getting loads, sticking the bike in the boot on work/leisure trips and just doing straight-up, straight down.

Can't really be ar$ed any more.

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2019, 10:05:18 am »
37 according to the app.

I went through a spell of getting loads, sticking the bike in the boot on work/leisure trips and just doing straight-up, straight down.

Can't really be ar$ed any more.

Ha I did that too, the App now lists 525 UK ones if you download all the add-ons :S

S2L

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2019, 10:05:55 am »

Amazing, I’ve only done one of those you mention - Edge Hill. Have you considered downloading the App at all? It keeps count for you

The thing is I've done half of them before I was on Strava... I don't think I will ever go up to the Highlands to do Bealach-Na-Ba again... the journey is simply too long... it takes less to fly to Australia.

This is a fun challenge to do, if you are in the area... Bwlch-Y-Groes 3 ways:

https://www.strava.com/activities/1130006755

telstarbox

• Loving the lanes
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2019, 12:29:38 pm »
Veloviewer also keeps track of them if you've used Strava. I have a grand total of, er, 3!
2019 🏅 R1000 and B1000