Author Topic: Beardys running log - Ct5k  (Read 148208 times)

Re: Beardys running log - Ct5k
« Reply #1675 on: 04 June, 2021, 07:14:14 am »
Another perfect morning for an early run.   I was going to do 12k but my brane wasn't keen so I opted for 10k which it was happy with and both brane and I enjoyed it.

Remember this?

My brane had a different sort of wibble today.  I rose before 4a.m. and  started my run before 5a.m.  although I had a 12k on the plan both the brane and the legs seemed determined to ignore this and I ended up doing a 15k.  The low hr training is definitely paying dividends as the run stats show that I kept the hr nicely low yet the pace was better than expected.  Very pleased with that effort.

Time for porridge, coffee and then a soak in the bath.  😊

« Reply #1676 on: 07 June, 2021, 04:38:48 am »
14 degrees and a bit sticky here and it's not even sunrise!  It's going to be a sweaty 8km this morning.

« Reply #1677 on: 07 June, 2021, 06:39:48 am »
Glad that's over.  Thankfully overcast or it would have been very unpleasant.  I can start thinking about breakfast now.

« Reply #1678 on: 07 June, 2021, 02:09:31 pm »
First run since twisting my ankle over a month ago. Only did 2km at a steady rate just to test the ankle but no pain, loosened up nicely and still 4 hours later not painful

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #1679 on: 07 June, 2021, 03:53:43 pm »
Did my fastest 5k, trying to outrun the mossies. Managed to squeeze in under 35 minutes. My first 5k was 42 minutes so I am happy with that, but I don't imagine I will ever get fast enough to do it in 30 minutes. I'll be 50 in a couple of weeks so not bad for an old bat!
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #1680 on: 07 June, 2021, 04:37:43 pm »
Good news Chris: great news AH!!

I did my fastest 5k last year in 29:04 though I was specifically "training" for a sub 30.  If I tried now I doubt that I could get below around 33 minutes and in any event I am concentrating on lowering hr and running longer.   

I am having some success with the lower hr without any real loss of pace over the last three months.  I have started to shed a few lbs again though which is extremely welcome.

« Reply #1681 on: 08 June, 2021, 05:40:49 pm »
Did 3.75km this morning over the fields (yesterday was very flat smooth pavement).  Ankle sore but not damage sore. very slow and controlled to protect the ankle and relearn the neuromuscular stuff which tends to go fastest.

Pace was around 7.47/km so not too bad

« Reply #1682 on: 08 June, 2021, 05:50:40 pm »
I was planning to be up at sparrowfart to do an hour of low hr but my body decided to carry on sleeping.  I then remembered that this is a recovery week and I have my second jab tomorrow so a long walk sufficed.  If all goes well I will do a session on Friday or perhaps Saturday.

« Reply #1683 on: 10 June, 2021, 07:43:21 am »
out of the door at 6:30 and 4km done.  the ankle was a bit sore this morning so left it at that rather than pushing for the 5km.  Took some ibuprofen to just settle any inflammation as it is just a sitting day today at work.

« Reply #1684 on: 12 June, 2021, 06:58:37 am »
First run since Monday.  Had Jab II the sequel on Wednesday and we had a long day in Ambleside and Windermere (and Bo'ness and Grasmere) on Thursday getting up at 5a.m. and not getting back before 11p.m. so I slept in yesterday.

Really enjoyed my 8k this morning and am feeling good just now.

It's a lovely morning here in the middle of England.  🌤

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #1685 on: 13 June, 2021, 11:55:00 am »
I need to go for a run*, but the last two weeks have been almost none stop external DIY while the weather holds. The brief hiatus in the DIY this weekend is to spend time with visiting daughter so no real window of opportunity. Sigh.

*words I never ever expected to utter. I might actually get fit one day.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #1686 on: 14 June, 2021, 06:36:17 am »
Struggled this morning.  Perhaps it was just too warm for me but I cut short my run to 5k and walked home.  I became uncomfortably hot and my heartrate was much higher than usual.  I just didn't feel good.  And the ToJ has pointed it's judgemental finger at me and laughed.  Why am I not surprised.

Still, 5k is a very acceptable stumble in my fitness journey.   The coffee and the cool shower will be most welcome.  👍

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #1687 on: 14 June, 2021, 07:28:29 am »
We have arrived in Austria for a two week break and I have brought my running shoes.

I will go out after drinking my tea but have no good idea for a route - plus it’s hilly here.

I’ll see what I can cobble together on the hoof!
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #1688 on: 14 June, 2021, 11:42:50 am »
Ran 4K early this morning. Not a soul to be seen and so warm I ran without a top. Glorious.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #1689 on: 14 June, 2021, 11:53:21 am »
I did 30 minutes in the Austrian countryside… really lovely! Slight uphills but that was OK for me.

« Reply #1690 on: 14 June, 2021, 02:37:04 pm »
It's nice to see that I'm not the only one getting out just now.   :thumbsup:

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #1691 on: 14 June, 2021, 04:03:15 pm »
I’ve just been for a short stroll to the post office (and an extension of short stroll to a Hermes self service unit equipped other shop) and have returned home almost as sweaty as I would normally be after a 5k. It’s very muggy out their!
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #1692 on: 14 June, 2021, 05:19:55 pm »
Very glad my routine is to run before work. It was quite warm enough at 8.00 this morning.
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

« Reply #1693 on: 16 June, 2021, 08:25:19 am »
According to my research sunrise today is at it's earliest for the year here in Rugby.   Dark mornings: something for me to look forward to.   🙂

I was out of the door 15 minutes after sunrise and enjoyed a leisurely 8km at low hr pace.  ToJ is sulking again but I really enjoyed myself and feel great.  😊

« Reply #1694 on: 19 June, 2021, 07:25:37 am »
Perfect running conditions this morning here in Rugby.  11 degrees, overcast and a light northerly cooling breeze occasionally supplemented by a very very light mizzle.   I really enjoyed my 12k and now have my feet up and my hands clamped around a hot mug of coffee.  😊

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #1695 on: 20 June, 2021, 10:46:44 am »
I’m in Austria on holiday and really enjoying new running experiences, particularly up hills and through pine forests.

Today I went out for a run following a track I had prepared on my Apple Watch with a new app WorkOutDoors (which is really good!). I ran up a hill, along the side of a mountain and then back. I ran past the flat at 8km so decided to extend and did my first ever 10k. It took me an hour and a half but I feel good now. 800 calories burned!

« Reply #1696 on: 20 June, 2021, 11:24:43 am »
Sounds lovely.  And congrats on 10k.  The big question now is, will you go even further?

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #1697 on: 20 June, 2021, 11:44:07 am »
Sounds lovely.  And congrats on 10k.  The big question now is, will you go even further?
Not sure as it’s quite a long time to be running at my speed, although this 10k left me less pooped than the 7.5k I did six months or so again.

The landscape here is so great, with real variability and loads of choice, that I think running on the roads back in Kempen will not compare.

« Reply #1698 on: 20 June, 2021, 11:56:25 am »
I'm hoping for some new roads and tracks to pound later in the year.   Change of scenery would be nice.  At the time of day that I usually run there are no buses or trains to whisk me to new and exotic locations!

« Reply #1699 on: 20 June, 2021, 01:32:31 pm »
I got 6k in today for the first time since injury. Bit achey but good to be getting back.