Author Topic: Beardys running log - Ct5k  (Read 3100 times)

Feanor

• It's mostly downhill from here.
Re: Beardys running log - Ct5k
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2019, 06:13:58 pm »
Yes, well done.

I've no idea how to prevent running injuries either <limps>
#Plantar fasciitis

I find that hard-surface running is the work of the devil, and have come to greatly prefer trails. I find that to be less injury-causing.

« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2020, 01:22:00 pm »
An update, just in case you are interested.

I’m still running 2 or three times a week, and now have a 7km route I follow. I’ve yet to manage running for the whole route, although this is in part because I need to Include a hill for longer distances if I’m going to run from home.

I do need to run today, but I’m watching the weather slowly roll in while I undertake a gentle stretchi g routine on the sofa. I’ll probably give in to the internal nagging just as it starts to rain!
Sorting my life out, one shed at a time.

Oscar's dad

• Cheers!
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2020, 06:00:04 pm »
Nice one fella!   I have now completed Couch to 5k twice and the knee is holding up. I’ve also joined a virtual running club called Run Things and they had a challenge where you had to run 50k from 1st December to Christmas Day and I managed that too.

On a less positive note I’ve jiggered my back up and the gym where I used to do a lot of treadmill running is closing down. Bugger on both counts.

« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2020, 01:24:44 pm »
I've no idea how to prevent running injuries either <limps>
#Plantar fasciitis

I got rid of my PF in a week or two by putting a golf ball under my desk and rolling it about underneath my foot. Took a bit of concentration when I first started doing it but I now do it without really thinking about it, and transfer it between the feet every so often. Got rid of my PF and it hasn't ever come back.

Just finished W4 of C25K on my return from a jiggered ankle. I set off on my usual run commute (11km) but switched to a hire bike once I'd done the C25K workout. I miss running in the entire way but I'll get back to that in April according to the grand plan. Need to hold back otherwise I'll just pick up some annoying niggle.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2020, 07:10:39 pm »
An update, just in case you are interested.

Good stuff. I’d be very happy to be able to go out and regular do a 7km loop like that. I have restarted following some sort of glute muscle tear and I’m in Week 2 of the CT5K. So far so good. Currently trying, without noticeable success, to not do bent leg running. This evening’s discovery: I don’t really like running in the dark in general, and particularly not on the Thames path, as i can’t see the trip hazards. Or maybe I need a head torch.

« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2020, 03:28:43 pm »
W7D1 today was a 5 minute walk, 25 minute run, 5 minute walk. Just clicked over 5k for the whole thing although I've done 5k twice doing parkrun with my daughter. Will start to ramp up partial run commute by 1km a week now and be back doing the full 11.5km on March 20th.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2020, 07:12:45 pm »
W5R2 today. 2 x 8 minute runs, 5 minute walks before, between and after.

All going reasonably well, touch wood. A few minor niggles but not of the worrying kind. Feel able to run further but find it difficult to increase my pace. Will stick to the programme though, as I don’t want anything to break.