Author Topic: Titanium Masons  (Read 4072 times)

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
Re: Titanium Masons
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2019, 03:21:38 pm »
nice bikes!

The Aspect does an excellent job of transferring your efforts at the pedals to the back wheel, and an almost uncannily good job of filtering out road buzz. On a 200 yesterday I could see rough chipseal road surfaces but not really feel them.  Which was nice

exactly the same thing when i switched to tubeless and dropped the pressure by 10psi. i was going down the rough chip seal road (new epping rd) and was wondering why i didn't feel vibration. checked the tyre pressures at the next traffic lights and they seemed fine (i was getting prepared to fix slow punctures..).

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2019, 08:34:26 pm »
It’s great that you’ve gone your own way with transmission choices for both bikes. What’s your lowest and highest for both bikes on those wheels / tyres (in gear inches or whatever you use)?

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2019, 11:19:12 pm »
What’s your lowest and highest for both bikes on those wheels / tyres (in gear inches or whatever you use)?

According to Saint Sheldon, the Bokeh has a high gear of 89.4 inches and a low of 23.4.  The Aspect has a high of 124.2 and a low of 27 (actually a whisker less because those figures are for 32 section tyres rather than 30 section)

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2019, 06:47:27 pm »
I prefer http://www.gear-calculator.com/# for gear calcs now. More detail and the option to compare two options side by side.
My 46/30 and 11-34 gives me 114 - 24 inches with a 32mm tyre. I do hanker for something a bit lower when my old knees are screaming on Welsh hills. I'm thinking about an 11-40 (bottom of 20.4 inches).