Author Topic: The Rise (and Fall) of the Suburban Main Battle Tank  (Read 14787 times)

Re: The Rise (and Fall) of the Suburban Main Battle Tank
« Reply #250 on: January 12, 2020, 12:27:46 pm »
10mpg doesn't sound that bad for a Hummer, assuming those are the 0.8-sized US gallons.   With my annual mileage, that would only be £500/year on petrol.  I'm not sure one would fit on the drive, though, let alone down the road when all the morons have parked opposite each other on care home visiting day.
just fit some bull bars, you would get through  (or over the top). As for parking, you wouldn't need a drive, just abandon it on someone elses garden; you have to get into the mindset of a suburban battle tank driver. its far from normal

Cudzoziemiec

• Waking up now, put the kettle on!
« Reply #251 on: January 28, 2020, 07:41:03 pm »
Was it in this thread that the increased road noise from the modern trend to wide, shallow tyres was mentioned? UNECE is working on it:
https://www.unece.org/trans/main/wp29/meeting_docs_grb.html
The Working Party on Noise and Tyres (Groupe Rapporteur Bruit et Pneumatiques - GRBP) is a subsidiary body of the World Forum for Harmonization of Vehicle Regulations (WP.29) that prepares regulatory proposals on vehicle noise and tyres for consideration and adoption by WP.29.  To develop those requirements, GRBP conducts research and analysis.
I do not ride a great big Mercian, gangster tanwalls, fixed cog in the back.

« Reply #252 on: January 29, 2020, 01:26:07 pm »
SiL has just acquired a pickup, it is massive, one of those with a full cab (with ISOFIX, natch).

In his defence, he does run a scaffolding company so is one of the few who can justify it.

MikeFromLFE

• Previously known as Millimole
« Reply #253 on: January 29, 2020, 02:34:49 pm »
SiL has just acquired a pickup, it is massive, one of those with a full cab (with ISOFIX, natch).

In his defence, he does run a scaffolding company so is one of the few who can justify it.
I'm surprised at the number of these things I see at our allotment site. I wonder if some of the owners think that they're farmers rather than weekend mud wallowers
Too many angry people - breathe & relax.