Author Topic: Real Time Apollo 13  (Read 428 times)

tonycollinet

• No Longer a western province of Númenor
Real Time Apollo 13
« on: April 11, 2020, 12:10:45 pm »
In a paralell universe where COVID-19 never happened, we are today going to Kennedy Space Center.

Since I am in this universe, I'm going to be listening to Real Time Apollo 13 all day by way of compensation. Currently T-8:01, with Launch around 8:13 this evening.

https://apolloinrealtime.org/13/

I may even get up at 4am Tuesday to hear the iconic
Okay, Houston, we've had a problem here.
as it happened.

;D

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
Re: Real Time Apollo 13
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 07:39:55 pm »
No way - I'm still exhausted from listening to the replay of the 3rd Ashes Test.
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

redshift

• High Priestess of wires
    • redshift home
Re: Real Time Apollo 13
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 08:56:27 am »
Utterly gripping.  Being able to listen to the back room talkback loops is key.  The fact that they've made the effort to sync them all up on a timeline makes it more real.  We put it on the proper TV and listened for about four hours yesterday.

It helps if you've learned the listening-to-three-conversations-at-once trick of talkback.  The transcript only covers what was on the main Flight Director / CapCom / Public Affairs mix.  Much of the real work is on the EECOM and GNC loops which aren't on the transcript so you have to actually listen.
L
:)
Windcheetah No. 176
The all-round entertainer gets quite arsey,
They won't translate his lame shit into Farsi
Somehow to let it go would be more classy…