Author Topic: Arrivée est arrivé!  (Read 295367 times)

CrazyEnglishTriathlete

• Miles eaten don't satisfy hunger
  • Chartered accountant in 5 different decades
    • CET Ride Reports and Blogs
Re: Arrivée est arrivé!
« Reply #2675 on: September 24, 2020, 09:37:45 pm »
Latest is a marked improvement IMHO in terms of content and the design/layout  :thumbsup: 
Hoe yesssss! /Churchilldog

I've only briefly flicked through*, and 3 articles jumped out - all brilliant:
- Mille Cymru, and the horror that was The Pembrokeshire Coast Leg
- Roadkill (what more needs to be said?)
- Mental health, goals and failure. Great article El, audacious to submit it  :thumbsup:

Thankyou to all 3 writers, and of course to the production team.
I'm sure there are other good bits, I just haven't got to them yet.

*Delayed by a long weekend in the Welsh Hills  :)

I quite like riding in Pembrokeshire.  I've had biblical experiences there.  And got lost on my own permanent.
Eddington Numbers 125 (imperial), 175 (metric) 529 (furlongs)  112 (nautical miles)

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #2676 on: September 27, 2020, 07:34:56 pm »
The next issue is already in the planning stage.

Unsurprisingly, we're not seeing the usual number of calendar ride reports but we could really do with some accounts of riding perms and limited calendar-style events since we were able to partially lift the suspension. How has it felt?  What have been the challenging aspects and what else can AUK or organisers do to help?  What other rides have you been doing in the absence of calendar events?

Also, it would be good to have some more philosophical or reflective pieces and practical advice (where do we go from 'how to cook your roadkill?').  And photos. More and more high resolution photos, please.

As always, contributions to gedlennox@me.com

Tx

Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #2677 on: September 27, 2020, 09:07:31 pm »
I'm trying to work out if I can use my boss randomly saying "At the start of lockdown my daughter could hardly walk, now she can go for miles" in the office the other day, the reason for wondering if I can use it is because my repose was "I recognise that, I could hardly walk at the start of lockdown and I'm back up to riding 400k" hm...

« Reply #2678 on: October 11, 2020, 07:34:47 pm »
Inspired by Arrivee, today I returned home with a still warm pheasant:)