Author Topic: Radio recommendations  (Read 4199 times)

Tim Hall

• I want to eat the fleeting shade of your lashes
Re: Radio recommendations
« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2019, 10:48:07 am »
There was a new production of A Kestrel for a Knave in the Saturday afternoon drama slot last week. Recorded on location in Barnsley, I've yet to listen to it but have downloaded it.
"Fisher"
"German Bight"
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

Tim Hall

« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2019, 10:58:22 am »
The afternoon drama this week has the latest series of Undercover Mumbai. It's  (yet another) police procedural but set and recorded in India.

Last night in the six thirty comedy slot saw a new series of Alexei Sayle's Imaginary Sandwich Bar. The subject of this episode was Jeremy Corbyn and the Left.
"I divide my friends into those who love and adore Jeremy Corbyn and those who are Nazi fascist shitbags.

Jacob Rees Mogg is going to have to do a show for balance."

Tim Hall

« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2019, 10:46:20 pm »
A new series of Tracks started today on Radio 4. It's a conspiracy theory thriller thing by Matthew Broughton and stars Romola Garai. The first three series had 45 minute episodes, but this one is down to 15 minutes,  chiz,

« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2019, 08:36:52 am »
BBC Sounds - Tunnel 29 - It's an account of a true story about tunneling under the Berlin Wall in 1962. All 10 episodes available to listen too now. Currently being aired on Radio 4 each day. Really enjoyed it.
Garry Broad

Tim Hall

« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2019, 12:13:39 pm »
Somewhere on 4 Extra there's a series called Street and Lane.  Written by Dave Sheasby and Ian McMillan (the bard of Barnsley) it's a sitcom of sorts about some jobbing builders/white van men. Sheasby and McMillan know their way around a script, which is beautifully delivered by the fantastically named Fine Time Fontayne (previously heard in Sheasby and McMillan's "The Blackburn Files") and Nick Lane.

Series 2 is running now. Nick Lane has been replaced by Shaun Dooley, which makes it easier for me to differentiate between the various Norvern Monkey Yorkshire accents.  I really heart Ian McMillan's writing.

Ob. Trivia: Shaun Dooley is involved, in a producery kind of way, with "Got It Covered" an album of cover versions by unexpected performers, out now as part of Children in Need.

Tim Hall

« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2019, 12:24:13 pm »
Sunday, when I was out riding alongside the Veteran Car Run, saw a production of Genevieve on 4 Extra.  I've not heard it yet, but have it downloaded ready for later consumption.

Robert Bathurst and Samantha Bond are in the cast.