Author Topic: shower pass elite 2.1 jacket  (Read 663 times)

shower pass elite 2.1 jacket
« on: November 15, 2019, 12:47:53 pm »
 As above I need a waterproof ,but not too sweaty jacket . Big investment for me so any one got one or any other recommendations . l will keep it on the top of saddle bag  so  weight and being able to pack into a tiny size are not a priority . thanks  colin .
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul  three wheels Nurses !!!

Re: shower pass elite 2.1 jacket
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2019, 10:03:49 pm »
I've had mine for four years, though fluctuating weight means it doesn't always fit :-[ though that's nothing to do with the jacket.
I like it, a lot, it is by far the best jacket I've owned (Though the sample isn't huge) what makes it is the venting, it's the only jacket I'll leave on even after it's stopped raining.  Just open up some zips and the cuffs.  Some find the fit a bit odd, it is high at the front, higher than most.  The slant rear pocket is also a bit awkward, at least till you get used to it, then you wear something else... The two way front zip makes access to pockets in a jersey underneath easy. Don't bother bother paying for the additional hood, I have one and only used it a couple of times.  Looks like the fabric has changed since I bought mine,  seems to now be their own brand, mine is eVent.  I doubt that makes much difference, it isn't new tech.
Looks like you've just missed a sale - though they are American so I'd be surprised if there weren't some Black Friday deals coming up.  The UK distributor is in the North East, and pleasant to deal with, sometimes answering queries out of office hours.  orders come with a pre paid returns label and they're very quick to exchange.  I wouldn't buy anywhere else, even if I saw a better price I'd give him a ring and see if he'd match it.

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 12:58:37 pm »
Thinking of buying one of these, with a 10% discount code they come in at £179, and are £175 at Spa Cycles, but speaking to Fraser, at SP, he doesn't think they hold much stock.

Just ordered a L and XL,  with 10% off and free p+p,  and see which fits me best, free returns label come with the goods.

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 01:02:04 pm »
As above I need a waterproof ,but not too sweaty jacket . Big investment for me so any one got one or any other recommendations . l will keep it on the top of saddle bag  so  weight and being able to pack into a tiny size are not a priority . thanks  colin .

Would suggest gently folding inside out,  and then rolling up,so that outer fabric is against outer fabric, then slipping in a stuff sack cover,  then strapping this to the top of saddlebag, as a  'tube'

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2020, 11:17:28 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions Blodwyn Pig & Paul H .   I popped down to South Shields ( before Xmas) and meet Fraser at his industrial unit . He really is a very canny lad . A keen cyclist , very knowledgeable & enthusiastic about shower pass . It gave me real confidence in the products . My "golden rod "  elite 2.1 jacket has surpassed all my expectations .I will be heading  back down to shields to purchase some water proof socks and gloves & let Fraser have a bash on the up wrong trike .  colin  PS make sure you give Fraser  a call if you are going to pop in .
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul  three wheels Nurses !!!