Author Topic: TCR no8.  (Read 9372 times)

Re: TCR no8.
« Reply #225 on: January 30, 2020, 08:38:58 pm »
Shame you didn't enter!

I was told the same when I got home last night.   Not sure how to take that TBH.

Well there is always TPR open about now.
Sunday deadline - don't hang about! Everyone got in last year, but you have to apply :)
I mulled trying for this one as well as TCR this year but on reflection it wasn't fair on my partner or the knees. The quiet road nature of this event is very appealing for another time.
often lost.

« Reply #226 on: February 01, 2020, 10:35:39 pm »
Hows folks Winter training going? Long rides? Gym work? Not started yet?

Work has been crazy so I did one ride in January and half a dozen commutes.  And I've not re-started turbo yet. 
So, I've not ridden a whole lot since 1 August last year when I DNF'd in Austria.  Just can't seem to find the time!

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #227 on: February 02, 2020, 05:22:17 pm »
That's called fatherhood right?

« Reply #228 on: February 03, 2020, 06:33:18 am »
That's a big part of it - that's where most of the weekend rides go.  But, if I wasn't busy at work I would have been turboing through the week and got out yesterday. 
At this rate, I'll have to fall back base fitness and experience...

« Reply #229 on: February 03, 2020, 11:46:03 am »
They get older and more independent.....eventually.

J did his homework yesterday whilst A went out for a run and I did 2hrs on the turbo.

« Reply #230 on: February 03, 2020, 01:00:55 pm »
when I'm grumpy about training here on 20 square miles like a hamster in a cage  I'll try to remember you guys inside on turbos in the Northern Winter.
Mind you its been blowing 50 knots all weekend here. Small Island hill training upwind.
often lost.

« Reply #231 on: February 03, 2020, 01:25:33 pm »
when I'm grumpy about training here on 20 square miles like a hamster in a cage  I'll try to remember you guys inside on turbos in the Northern Winter.
Mind you its been blowing 50 knots all weekend here. Small Island hill training upwind.

It's been a very benign Winter so far - I managed to do 1,000 road miles in Jan.   Must have been frosty maybe 5 times, although I do live in the South East.

Of course I'm not riding TCR so should probably drop out of the thread.

« Reply #232 on: February 03, 2020, 02:34:19 pm »
Yep weather hasn't been an impediment to getting outdoors this winter so far.
If you don’t make time for exercise now, sooner or later you’ll need to make time for ill health.

« Reply #233 on: February 04, 2020, 09:00:11 am »

You can stay: at least you are riding!

« Reply #234 on: February 05, 2020, 11:52:57 am »

It's been a very benign Winter so far - I managed to do 1,000 road miles in Jan.   Must have been frosty maybe 5 times, although I do live in the South East.

No stick around. You are shaming us racers into getting the miles in.
often lost.

« Reply #235 on: February 05, 2020, 12:41:09 pm »
Anyone have any thoughts on what nonsense I should be writing on the volunteer form?

(Aiming for manning one of the intermediate controls)

« Reply #236 on: February 05, 2020, 02:41:54 pm »
Say that you'll cycle there. 

S2L

« Reply #237 on: February 05, 2020, 04:40:31 pm »
  I know I have efficient lungs for getting oxygen into my blood from the Kings College lung function study last May. From a similar starting point on road bike last year I reached 3.3W/ Kg (FTP) by late Spring and hope to do the same on the new recumbent.

2.4 to 3.3 Watt/kg... basically you just lost a couple of stones of body fat...  ::-) ::-)

bludger

• Randonneur and bargain hunter
« Reply #238 on: February 06, 2020, 11:25:08 am »
That's my CP application in. Hopefully Roubaix, my second pick is Austria which I'll partly get the train to so I can be sure I'm there in good time.
YACF touring/audax bargain basement:
https://bit.ly/2Xg8pRD

« Reply #239 on: February 06, 2020, 11:38:45 am »
That's my CP application in. Hopefully Roubaix, my second pick is Austria which I'll partly get the train to so I can be sure I'm there in good time.

Good man. Thank you.
Assuming a long parcour isn't added at the start then the lead riders should be arriving in Roubaix by early on the second day.
often lost.

bludger

• Randonneur and bargain hunter
« Reply #240 on: February 06, 2020, 12:54:02 pm »
Not at all, I love cycling in Belgium and France and really hope I get the spot.  I intend to be sat on my big fat bum eating breakfast pastries and drinking coffee and having a whale of a time watching the rest of you poor buggers with however silly kms left you have to go!

YACF touring/audax bargain basement:
https://bit.ly/2Xg8pRD

« Reply #241 on: February 07, 2020, 05:04:12 pm »
  I know I have efficient lungs for getting oxygen into my blood from the Kings College lung function study last May. From a similar starting point on road bike last year I reached 3.3W/ Kg (FTP) by late Spring and hope to do the same on the new recumbent.

2.4 to 3.3 Watt/kg... basically you just lost a couple of stones of body fat...  ::-) ::-)

Nope my weight is pretty stable year round , I don’t have two stone of fat to lose. So you’ll have to speak for yourself.
If you don’t make time for exercise now, sooner or later you’ll need to make time for ill health.

« Reply #242 on: February 23, 2020, 10:52:44 pm »
shortlist for the podium looking at his pedigree.
https://www.uba-cycling.de
often lost.