Author Topic: TCR no8.  (Read 15664 times)

Re: TCR no8.
« Reply #275 on: March 18, 2020, 09:06:12 pm »
Not looking likely is it. Things are changing by the day though so who knows. Theres always next year, Its only a bike race and all that.
We have  also cancelled our early June departure for Europe and will see how the lay of the land is nearer the time.
Amazingly we have still had no known cases of covid here on the Island yet. I worry though as with all the International travel (before the lock down) it surely must have slipped though. There is a 15%+ rate of diabetes here, a goodly smattering of heart conditions and plenty of older folks. One small town hospital. Its not a good scenario for an Island wide pandemic.
If the shit hits the fan and a lot of people go down I couldn't in good conscience head off racing. The folks who are still standing will need to step up and help out with things.
often lost.

« Reply #276 on: March 18, 2020, 09:29:30 pm »
Unlikely. This is going to be cyclical until a vaccine arrives en masse. I think in the uk we will be in a trough at that time before the next smaller peak. However the chances of all the territories to be in phase is vanishingly small.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #277 on: March 18, 2020, 10:41:54 pm »
Not looking likely is it. Things are changing by the day though so who knows. Theres always next year, Its only a bike race and all that.

Yeah. If it doesn't happen this year, I'll try again in 2022. 2021 I really want to give LEL a go.

It's a shame, but it's probably for the best.

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #278 on: March 23, 2020, 12:51:31 pm »
It's been postponed for a year.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless