Author Topic: Doorstep Milk delivery  (Read 1789 times)

Re: Doorstep Milk delivery
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2020, 11:09:40 am »
We signed up for milk & more several weeks ago and have been filling the milk shelf of the fridge with glass milk bottles but best of all I've now discovered that they also deliver old-style silver top milk.

Milk like-it-used-to-taste, i.e. non homogenized  ;D

« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2020, 11:14:14 am »
Have the local birdlife remembered how to peck through the tops of the bottles before you get to them ?
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2020, 03:43:07 pm »
I think homogenisation and the trend to semi-skimmed milk have induced lack of memory.

I doubt 2% fat milk is worth the effort, unlike that nice thick cream layer, which might have had five to ten times the fat concentration.

Our milk round is currently short-staffed, with late deliveries.

rr

« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2020, 06:04:49 pm »
Have the local birdlife remembered how to peck through the tops of the bottles before you get to them ?
Our dog used to finish what the birds started

[img]https://photos.app.goo.gl/qwEFSTSAnpjR7MjG7[\img]

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Cudzoziemiec

• Waking up now, put the kettle on!
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2020, 01:02:02 pm »
We signed up for milk & more several weeks ago and have been filling the milk shelf of the fridge with glass milk bottles but best of all I've now discovered that they also deliver old-style silver top milk.

Milk like-it-used-to-taste, i.e. non homogenized  ;D
This is how I like milk too.  :thumbsup:
(Although actually I seem to have given up with milk now, not through conscious decision but just change of breakfast habits.)
I do not ride a great big Mercian, gangster tanwalls, fixed cog in the back.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2020, 01:31:12 pm »
The unhomogenised full-fat milk our milkman left us (I don't know if this was a genuine error or a covert sales ploy) a few months ago was gorgeous.

It cost significantly more than the usual offering and I stayed with the semi-skimmed.