Author Topic: The Cambridge Pork Pie 200 + Spring Dash 100 — Saturday 21 March 2020  (Read 270 times)

wilkyboy

• "nick" by any other name
    • 16-inch wheels
Winter's nearly over and the rush of early spring rides is all-but about to start, and so we bring to you once again —

The Cambridge Pork Pie 200 — a popular ride out to Melton Mowbray to marvel at the hand-pulled treats that are a speciality of the town.  The route is a lovely combination of fast and flat, then hilly, then hillier, then very, very flat — it's not exactly fixed-friendly, but it's great fun!  Still just the single control at Melton so you can optimise your own stoppage — you will pass through several good towns in each direction, if you need to stop, or you can coast right through without putting a foot down.  We've had a couple of stiff years, so we're due fine weather this year, and hopefully it being nearly a week later will help with that. 

And for those with a penchant for self-sufferance can follow the optionally longer and hillier EXTRA route, as per previous years  :thumbsup:

The Cambridge Spring Dash 100 — a popular ride around Cambridgeshire and the rolling chalkline of north Essex, well suited to those looking for an event to extend to 200km for round-the-year points, or for riders who've suffered a little with winter fitness.  A ride of two pubs, with Saffron Walden sandwiched between (and Bicicletta has had a refit, it can seat nearly twice as many as it used to), so never further than about 30km from a stop.

There will be light refreshments at the start and something hot and something sweet for you at the finish, too  :)  :thumbsup:

Enter The Cambridge Pork Pie 200 here;  or The Cambridge Spring Dash 100 here.
RRTY #7 done.  Need something else to do ... ah, welcome #8 8)

Re: The Cambridge Pork Pie 200 + Spring Dash 100 — Saturday 21 March 2020
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 07:53:26 pm »
Fantastic .. hopefully the weather will be better than last year, no Capitals of East Anglia this year though?

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 11:02:49 am »
Off to my native Lincolnshire that weekend.   Sorry to miss if this year.

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 11:05:37 am »
Will be doing Start of Summertime final route check. So will have to miss this year.

I do hope riders don’t get the cross winds of last year. When I finished it felt like I’d been wrestling a crocodile.
If you don’t make time for exercise now, sooner or later you’ll need to make time for ill health.