Author Topic: The Hill Climb thread  (Read 2149 times)

Re: The Hill Climb thread
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2020, 07:35:17 pm »

what matters is that you give it your best effort. as for placing 53rd vs 46th - no one really cares; so the length of the climb is mostly irrelevant ;)

That's very De Coubertin, but actually I do care and I'd rather kick some butt, rather than being kicked, at least in my age group...  ;D

As far as I’m aware there are ( except youngsters) only two groups, Senior and Vet (40+) in the Nationals

S2L

« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2020, 06:27:54 am »

what matters is that you give it your best effort. as for placing 53rd vs 46th - no one really cares; so the length of the climb is mostly irrelevant ;)

That's very De Coubertin, but actually I do care and I'd rather kick some butt, rather than being kicked, at least in my age group...  ;D

As far as I’m aware there are ( except youngsters) only two groups, Senior and Vet (40+) in the Nationals

Medals are awarded by age group 40-44. 45-49, 50-54 and so on... must be a relatively new thing, but it's clear on the CTT website and confirmed by the organiser...

Not that I have medal ambitions...

« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2020, 09:12:43 am »

Medals are awarded by age group 40-44. 45-49, 50-54 and so on... must be a relatively new thing, but it's clear on the CTT website and confirmed by the organiser...

Not that I have medal ambitions...

I stand corrected. I think it must be fairly new.

S2L

« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2020, 09:16:52 am »
It's a nice touch, otherwise once you are past your best years, you are just there to make up the numbers, which is a bit sad and demotivating...