Author Topic: BT email  (Read 258 times)

BT email
« on: March 07, 2020, 01:38:43 pm »
My BT email account has been blocked, as of yesterday.
Doesn't recognise my password.
It turns out that 3 weeks ago, BT changed their email servers.
An email was sent out to everyone, telling them that they would need to re-enter their password, otherwise they'd be locked out of their account.
Only that email was never sent.
So they're dealing with this on a case-by-case basis, as and when people phone up and let them know.
Ordinarily this would take them a couple of days to fix.
Because they are overwhelmed with the sheer volume of cases, it'll take them up to 5 days to fix.
They aren't working on it at weekends.
Fuckers!

Re: BT email
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2020, 01:46:45 pm »
That would explain why I've been having problems with contacting BT accounts both directly and through a mailing list I run.
Your last word sums it up nicely.
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
Re: BT email
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2020, 04:17:33 pm »
I learnt a long time ago to never trust your ISP email service and either (in the old days) pull it down to your own service or set up your own gapps and domain and ensure all ISP mail is pushed to that... I laugh when it took me an evening to migrate all my emails to gmail services after Virgin had spent over a month screwing up the enterprise migration which must have been almost 10 years ago now. 

When I switched to BT and saw they were using yahoo the first thing I did was set up the auto-push.  Now they're going back in house as I understand, and I expect it to be the usual cluster. 

No email here either btw  :facepalm:
Regards,

Joergen