Linked Events

• YACF camping weekend: Twitey's Tipis, Wellesbourne: September 11, 2020 - September 13, 2020

Author Topic: YACF camping weekend: Twitey's Tipis, Wellesbourne, 11-13 September 2020  (Read 3077 times)

Re: YACF camping weekend: Twitey's Tipis, Wellesbourne, 11-13 September 2020
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2020, 08:03:41 pm »
I've been checking out a few campsites I've used before in Cheshire & Shropshire.  The smaller ones are closed or only accepting self contained campers, in vans.    Larger ones are open,  but  I don't really fancy them.   

Wern Isaf in Llangollen is open,   but that's probably too far _on_ the beaten track.      I've hardly been out of the flat this year   :(
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2020, 09:03:44 pm »
I'm keen but wary.

On the assumption this doesn't go ahead – or even if it does – this might be a good idea for an Easter or post-Easter meet. I think most things will be clearer once we're through the winter.

That'll be after Brexshit though.  The camping field will have been ploughed up for turnips to feed a starving populace, and Kevin/Trevor will have gone into the pot..

Wowbagger

• Dez's butler
    • Musings of a Gentleman Cyclist
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2020, 09:16:40 pm »
I think it is highly unlikely that I will be there. I haven't been anywhere for ages.
Eating's a serious business. Don't bollocks around wagging your tail.

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2020, 09:27:24 pm »
We should organise a virtual camping weekend.  I can light a fire on my balcony, sit in my wobbly Helinox chair & talk bollocks to you all via Zoom or something.     

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • . . cyclist, Cytech accredited
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2020, 07:41:24 am »
From a couple of local people in Wellesbourne (I live nearby at Stratford-upon-Avon) I've heard that Michael Twite's claims on "compliance" on the website may fall short of reality . . . .  that said there are some signs at the end of the lane, near the airfield cafe, pointing to the site and saying "open"

Cudzoziemiec

• Eating all the pies and drinking all the tea.
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2020, 09:40:50 am »
We should organise a virtual camping weekend.  I can light a fire on my balcony, sit in my wobbly Helinox chair & talk bollocks to you all via Zoom or something.     
I think Wowbagger's beaten you to it. He's so virtual, he's dematerialised and ceased to occupy physical space.  ;D
I think it is highly unlikely that I will be there. I haven't been anywhere for ages.
Days become simply the spaces between dreams, spaces between the shifting floors of time...

Cudzoziemiec

• Eating all the pies and drinking all the tea.
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2020, 04:18:17 pm »
Thinking about it in virus terms, I'd have thought that sitting in a field must be lower risk than walking down a busy street and a lot safer than shopping in a busy, air-conditioned supermarket. Showers and toilets might be considered higher risk but again, you're unlikely to be closer than several metres to anyone – I never saw anyone there when I was at Twitey's last year – and the risk from contacting surfaces is, again, lower than in a supermarket (fewer people, easier to keep the surfaces clean, nothing frozen, nothing to be consumed). That just leaves train, if you take one to get there.
Days become simply the spaces between dreams, spaces between the shifting floors of time...

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2020, 12:04:09 pm »
Am I to conclude then that this is definitely not going ahead?
Most people tip-toe through life hoping the make it safely to death.
Home

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2020, 04:11:57 pm »

Well, we will be camping at a friend's "field" that weekend.  4g availability is very patchy but we could ruin your evening by zoombombing you.   :)